Colours for pale skin

CrazyCatLady

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm clearing out my wardrobe and getting some new clothes for the first time in about 8 years!
Gunna get some basic items in black, white, cream, grey...then just a few tank tops, tshirts, jumpers etc in a few colours that will go well with each other.
Will have a few pairs of skinny jeans (light, dark and black) for these tips to go with.
I'm pretty set on navy blue, but I'm stuck for another colour to go for, I usually go for khaki green but not sure.
I've got fairly pale skin and dark hair with a red tint to it (not naturally red haired or freckled).
Ideas? Advice? Pics? Please :) thanks xxx

What about some other colours? Purple would probably look great on you and different blues are always nice.

I think that 99% of the time, all colours suit all skins. Some are in fashion, some aren't, some magazines tell you "suit" you and some they say don't... but very very very rarely have I looked at someone and thought "Oh wow that colour makes them look really pale/washed out/bad/etc" (and if I did... well... it doesn't really matter does it?).

I'd suggest trying something new, I stick to the same colours a lot (greys, pinks, purples, blues) and bought a few different colours in the past year (reds, oranges, greens and whites), and it's really nice to have something different to what you usually choose. :)

It's hard to say. I think part of it depends if the undertone of your skin is warm or cool. I have pale skin and look good in most things except yellow and orange.

I've been trying to add bright colours to my wardrobe, too, and I find it helpful to go with accessories since those can be mixed and matched with more than one outfit, and it's just a small little pop of colour as opposed to my entire chest screaming hot pink at everyone. Maybe that's just me not wanting to draw much attention to myself. But I love my yellow purse since it can go with lots of outfits and actually looks good, as opposed to a yellow shirt that would look awful on me.

I have olive skin, and there are a few colours that look awful on me, like orange. I have to be careful with colours because my skin has an undertone of green, which clashes with some colours, and some months of the year I am quite tanned and what I am wearing has to go with the tan. I really dont enjoy trying things on in changing rooms as there is always fluroescent lights which highlight my skin and make me look like a mint green candy bar trying things on.

I wear either pastels or deep/dark shades, there is a certain bank of mid shades that kind of make me look really weird.

I also cant shop at any makeup counter as many are for women with the more Western skin tone. Revlon has always had the best shades for me. Right now I use Natio which is an Australian brand, there are a lot of Italians and Greeks over there so luckily their colour range has some shades to suit me.