Chipotle & Elf Collaboration

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan

Chipotle is celebrating its collaboration with e.l.f. Cosmetics with a beauty-inspired vegan Eyes. Chips. Face. Bowl curated by RuPaul’s Drag Race contestants Trixie Mattel and Kim Chi.

Does this sound stupid to anyone else?

Chipotle is celebrating its collaboration with e.l.f. Cosmetics with a beauty-inspired vegan Eyes. Chips. Face. Bowl curated by RuPaul’s Drag Race contestants Trixie Mattel and Kim Chi.

Does this sound stupid to anyone else?
No stupider than posting a video saying you've been putting your garbage bags in the wrong way!
Yeah, I tried her way and learned that no, I have NOT been doing it wrong.
So, that bowl idea sounds just fine, though Im not a Chipotle fan

No stupider than posting a video saying you've been putting your garbage bags in the wrong way!
Yeah, I tried her way and learned that no, I have NOT been doing it wrong.
So, that bowl idea sounds just fine, though Im not a Chipotle fan
But, Why combine cosmetics and Mexican food?

I guess that I am just Too old to appreciate these kind of stunts!
But, even when I was Young and into make-up and Mexican food I don’t think that it would have impressed me!!

Ha ha!! Actually I tried that technique and it was a small impovement.

"Barbie, I love your new look. Hey! Anyone in the mood for Chipotle?!

You ever walk into a Chipotle, see the offerings, and think, “Gee, I really wish I could turn this into a look?” Well, now finally you can accent your eyes with sofritas, thanks to Chipotle’s collaboration with E.L.F. cosmetics.
The new makeup line includes a plumping “Make It Hot” lip gloss, a makeup sponge resemblant of an avocado, a makeup bag that looks like a bag of chips, and a 12-color eyeshadow palette with shades to match everything from the corn salsa to the black beans at a Chipotle burrito bar. Every purchase of the eyeshadow palette comes with a coupon for free chips and guacamole from the chain.
Chipotle is also not the first food brand to enter the makeup world. Recently, Tapito hot sauce collaborated with Hipdot on a line of products. In 2017, Taco Bell solicited makeup looks inspired by its menu items. And who could forget about the Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers?
I wonder if this will attract some attention by Colbert or Noah.

I'm sticking this news item in here because .... well, I can.
I guess I should have titled the thread Food Inspired Makeup Lines, but I hadn't foreseen this as a trend.

I think that is just weird! I have never been to a Chipotle but I have purchased elf cosmetics. I just don't see the relationship! I don't want hot sauce lipstick!

I think that is just weird! I have never been to a Chipotle but I have purchased elf cosmetics. I just don't see the relationship! I don't want hot sauce lipstick!
From reading the articles I gleaned that the Chipotle stuff does not include a lipstick. the eye shadows and stuff are color inspired not flavors. but it still sounds stupid. but guacamole colored eye lids are probably no worse than green eye lids.

The Reeses stuff does include a lip balm. two of them, and they are scented. I'm thinking one chocolate and one peanut butter. I am also imagining some kind of problems with pre-teens getting into their mom's makeup.