Celebration of Wildlife Video I Made

Naturebound1

Forum Legend
Reaction score
In honor of six years of being vegan this month, I made a video compiling many photos of wildlife encounters my partner and I took over the years in our travels. I put it to the music "Conquest of Paradise" by Vangelis. I like the energy and uplifting spirit of the music, and did NOT choose that song for the meaning behind the creation of the song, which is a bit controversial. This video celebrates animals in their natural environment. Hope you enjoy!

Reactions: Second Summer
Nice video, thanks for sharing!

Did you make it "unlisted" on purpose? Why not make it completely public now that the music copyright issue has been sorted out?

Nice video, thanks for sharing!

Did you make it "unlisted" on purpose? Why not make it completely public now that the music copyright issue has been sorted out?

Thanks! Yeah, I'm not sure. I tend to make the majority of my videos on YouTube unlisted. I never feel like my stuff is good enough to share with the public, and I am afraid of criticism, though my stuff is just personal stuff to share with friends, not exactly works of art. I'm actually embarrassed by the stuff I DO have on there that is public, but have held out privatizing my entire account. Maybe I will test the waters a bit more and see what kind of response I get among friends and acquaintances before going public with it. I have 120 or so friends on Facebook and so far one response and four likes lol. But I just put it up last night. Glad to see people here are liking it! I was worried about the choice of music. I love the uplifting mood of the music, the buildup of intensity, and the beauty of it, but I am really not crazy about the meaning behind it (Christopher Columbus "discovering" America and bringing violence and disease and western religion). But I just couldn't find another song that fit any better.

Reactions: KLS52
I know what you mean about the sound track, Conquest of Paradise. I love Vangelis, though, and so do many others. A lot of people would watched your video just because of that. And what's not to love about wildlife photos?! It's a win-win.

Reactions: Naturebound1
Excellent pictures! I didn't have headphones with me, but I hear ya about the original context of the music. If I had to pick a favorite image from this, it would probably be the tiny toad (frog?) in your palm at around 1:33, but the photos of the deer and the black bear are great too.

I think you posted once that, in your area at least, you're more likely to experience hostility from a moose than from a black bear... but although I've never seen a bear in the woods, I think I might feel nervous.

Reactions: Naturebound1
Excellent pictures! I didn't have headphones with me, but I hear ya about the original context of the music. If I had to pick a favorite image from this, it would probably be the tiny toad (frog?) in your palm at around 1:33, but the photos of the deer and the black bear are great too.

I think you posted once that, in your area at least, you're more likely to experience hostility from a moose than from a black bear... but although I've never seen a bear in the woods, I think I might feel nervous.

Thanks for the feedback Tom! Wow, I am impressed that you remembered me posting about the moose. :) Yes, I am still unnerved when I see a bear in the woods. I'm always surprised at how timid they seem, like they don't realize their huge claws and teeth could tear me apart in seconds.

To tell you the truth I am not really even sure what the difference is between a frog and toad, so that little creature in my hand is one or the other. There were hundreds of them hopping all over on the sandy dirt road. I am leaning more towards a toad.

In honor of six years of being vegan this month, I made a video compiling many photos of wildlife encounters my partner and I took over the years in our travels. I put it to the music "Conquest of Paradise" by Vangelis. I like the energy and uplifting spirit of the music, and did NOT choose that song for the meaning behind the creation of the song, which is a bit controversial. This video celebrates animals in their natural environment. Hope you enjoy!

Awesome video; so natural, so beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us :) .

I miss Naturebound. I hope she finds her way back here someday.