UK Product Thread

Thanks for all the advice guys. I guess I will have to just see. Cant get Tofutti or Vegusto here but Sheese and Cheezly is imported in.

I will have to go to the vegan shop in town and see if there are any other products there.

Personally I don't like either of them. Nothing, nothing like cows' cheese and I didn't enjoy the flavour in its own right. But as Moll said, it's so objective that you can't really go by other people's opinions.

Toffuti cream cheese is similar to a mild cow cream cheese.

Me neither. :eek:
I had bought a few of them on-line and I actually had to bin them. I never throw food out so it just goes to show how awful they tasted.
I will order Vegusto(as a few of you have given postive feedback) next time and have also seen a new brand on the following link.
Has anyone ever tried it ?

http://www.unmondevegan.com/wilmesburger,fr,3,99.cfm

Me neither. :eek:
I had bought a few of them on-line and I actually had to bin them. I never throw food out so it just goes to show how awful they tasted.
I will order Vegusto(as a few of you have given postive feedback) next time and have also seen a new brand on the following link.
Has anyone ever tried it ?

http://www.unmondevegan.com/wilmesburger,fr,3,99.cfm

Fromage rape :fp:

I haven't tried it but I'm trying to imagine flavoured grated potato... if they get the flavourings right, it could be like cheese. I doubt it would melt though?

Asda do a few vegan ready meals now. They have a vegetable hotpot (fairly tasty) and a chilli with rice (haven't tried yet). There might have been a couple of others but I didn't check the ingredients on everything. There was some sort of curry that could have been vegan.

They also have a bunch of new vegetarian ones.

A few more finds at tesco- lyle's mint chocolate squeezy ice cream topping & squeezy butterscotch syrup. Askeys waffle wafer cones.

Cheshire style Sheese is actually quite nice... on beans on toast, jacket pots...

A sweet trick with a vegan cream cheese.... is a biscuit with a swipe of cream cheese, and a dollop of jam.

Kara dairy free is the best milk alternative in my opinion.

I also tried orange and rooibos provamel yogurt Oh my....

Fry's mushroom pies.....are the best vegan pies I've ever tasted so far.

Vegusto cheeses are alright but they're meat alternatives are very oily.

Shambhus are the best vegan cheesecakes around... http://shambhus.co.uk/stockists-of-shambhus-vegan-cheesecakes/

Oh and redwoods pepperjack cheezly bites are reaaally good for a cheesy treat.

I don't know if I have stayed on topic here, as I got a bit carried away but hey ho.

Almost forgot also saw Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Unsweetened in tesco which I'd never seen before, expensive though at £1.69.

They had organic oatly cream reduced to 41p but my mum and I got the last 2 cartons.

A sweet trick with a vegan cream cheese.... is a biscuit with a swipe of cream cheese, and a dollop of jam.

Oh and redwoods pepperjack cheezly bites are reaaally good for a cheesy treat.

I've had the cream cheese and jam thing at vegan fayres and I like those bites even though I haven't had them in a while.:)

Why haven't I seen these?!

Tesco's have some vegetarian but not vegan mushroom pies, I check the ingredients every time I go in there in the hope that the milk is gone.

Lol, I always re-check as well, hoping the vegan fairy god mother has been to visit.

Yea Frys 'chicken' and mushroom pies are pretty good. Shame that Holland And Barrett here has no fridge section.

Lol, I always re-check as well, hoping the vegan fairy god mother has been to visit.
:rofl:

Ooh might try these pies if they have such good reviews. Does anyone else like taifun tofu? I find it difficult to find, but it's the only tofu I'd just cube up and eat, it's really firm and pre-flavoured so it's tasty too. Well I like basil, smoked and mediteranian. The olive one was a bit gross, and I love olives.