1 clove of pink garlic
150 ml vegetable stock
150 ml vegan cream
25 g vegan margerine
1 tbs Vermouth or port (optional)
a few drops of lemon juice
salt & freshly ground pepper

Wipe the mushrooms and thinly slice.
Melt the vegan margerine in a saucepan and add the finely chopped onion or shallots. Gently
cook for a few minutes until soft. Add the Vermouth or Port (if using) and leave to evaporate for a few seconds. Add the chopped garlic and mushrooms and continue to cook over low heat. Add the stock and cream, salt & pepper, increase the heat and cook for a further 5 mins.
Add a few drops of lemon juice.

Tip : You can blend half of the mixture in a food processor to obtain a slighty thicker sauce.
Serve with pasta, rice or with nut roast.

Reactions: Werewolf Girl
What is pink garlic? That recipe looks great and easy. :)

It is a variety of garlic that is very mild.

images

That looks so delicious! I love creamy mushroom things, I should try this. :drool:

Would coconut milk work for the cream?

It would have to be thick so it depends on what kind of coconut milk you are using. I find that coconut cream works better for making sauces and milk is better for soups, curries or stews.

It would have to be thick so it depends on what kind of coconut milk you are using. I find that coconut cream works better for making sauces and milk is better for soups, curries or stews.
I thought about using full fat coconut milk and whipping it into a thick cream.I was thinking it would work in this if it's thick.

I thought about using full fat coconut milk and whipping it into a thick cream.I was thinking it would work in this if it's thick.

That wouldn't be a problem but don't whip it would loose it's bulk when heated. If you find the sauce not thick enough you can either use a thickener such as cornstarch or whizz up a small quantity of the sauce.

That wouldn't be a problem but don't whip it would loose it's bulk when heated. If you find the sauce not thick enough you can either use a thickener such as cornstarch or whizz up a small quantity of the sauce.
I'm going to try it.Will let you know.