Youtube recipes.

hopeful

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
@Lou

Oh, sorry! I misunderstood. I will post links the next time I come across some of those YouTube videos! :)

Emma JC

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
another name for Buddha bowls is Burrito Bowls and that is how I started eating them by watching High Carb Hannah's Burrito Bowl recipe - I especially love her sauce as it is simple and tasty and can be used on other things so easily

https://www.rawtillwhenever.com/easy-vegan-burrito-bowl/

hopeful is correct, the basics are rice/quinoa etc on the bottom, beans (your favourite) next, and then any combo of vegetables and greens that you like and then any additions like avocado and the sauce - hmmmm it has been a while since I made one, that sounds like a great idea for tonights dinner

Emma JC

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Oh! that is different from what we call a Buddha bowl around here. over here a Buddha bowl is more Asian than Hispanic. more like a sushi bowl than a burrito bowl. We also call them Poke. Which I think is Hawaiin.

Rice is still on the bottom. no beans but tofu (or if you're not vegan - some fish). Then greens, etc.
I think I will have to find a youtube recipe to share. and make for dinner.

Emma JC

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
and that is the cool part of "______ Bowls" - the concept is the same and you just put in the most delicious ingredients that you love and chow down... ;) there are tons of recipes out there for whichever Bowl you like

Emma JC

• 👍
Reactions: hopeful

VeganFitnessFood

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I am a big fan of anything vegan thats high in protein such as lentil pizza and lentil roast or asian stir fry because it`s so quick and easy. A few of my favorites:

• 👍
Reactions: Lou

ski

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan Newbie
this thread should be pinned to the top a really good idea for people new to veganism that need ideas :cool:

• 👍
Reactions: TofuRobot and Lou

TofuRobot

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
When I first went vegan I binge-watched ALL of AvantGarde Vegan's videos! I made the "fish & chips" once, but it didn't come out exactly as expected - and I'm too lazy to try it again, lol. But I have always wanted to try this one:

Emma JC

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I used to watch Avant-Garde but it was too unrealistic for me. I would like to eat his food if I went to his restaurant but for the common everyday meal it is just too much work and too many exotic items. There are so many good 'what I eat in day' videos out there that watching 'what I cook once a week for a show' just doesn't keep my attention. Also it was making me feel inadequate. :D

Emma JC

• 👍
Reactions: Lou and TofuRobot

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Huh, I thought this was a great topic. But it seems to have withered on the vine.
But it just so happens I accidentally found a new YouTube channel. YouTube is sort of great that way.
So here is a bump for this thread.

I haven't made this yet. but I thought this was something I should be doing.
This is from Sam's It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken channel.

• 👍
Reactions: Emma JC

Olychka

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
When people asks how to look younger, I suggest them to take healthy foods, avoid junk food. there are lots of vegan dish recipes are available on YouTube, just follow the YouTube recipes and made healthy vegan dishes. Along with vegan beauty products, eating vegan dishes will help you to

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Forgot all about this thread.
Time to bump it up again

vegan black beans in an InstantPot.

David Miletić

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Vegan recipes!:blush:

Channel name Just raw it on Youtube! Subscribe for more recipes!
upload_2019-4-7_10-31-47.jpeg

Boja Soja

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Omnivore
Crispy Tofu

The first video I would like to post is the one that was pretty much a game changer for me. It took me a long time to master frying tofu. Time, temperature and stuff like that. But then I saw this video and tried it and it changed everything. No longer did I have to slave over a hot stove. No longer did I have to watch the tofu and turn it to keep it from burning. No longer would my carefully cubed tofu fall apart on me and turn into inadvertent crumbles.

The technique can be used in many ways. Don't use the soymilk or the sesame seeds and just add the oven baked tofu to your other dishes. I always make extra so that I can add it to soups, salads, and veggie wraps all week long.

Looks Good I will try it soon.

bhuston

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
A really quick and easy vegan Stir-Fry that even non-vegan Love.

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Fawn once told Dag that you just can't plant ideas. Someone has to stick around to water them and pick the caterpillars off.

I still love the concept of this thread.I just have to remember to keep watering it.

I'm a super fan of what I call bulk food cooking. When I make a PB sandwich, I do the whole loaf. When I make Lentil stew I make double the recipe. But when I make salad, I make them one at a time. And many a day when the ONLY reason I didn't have a salad for lunch is that I didn't have time to prepare it.

Then I accidentally found this video. Well not totally by accident, it was recommended to me by YouTube. Anyway, ohmygosh. I'm such an idiot. Why haven't I been bulk food making my salads. I even already have the giant Tupperware container.

So all that being said, Here is Garbanzo Girl.

• 👍

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Ha! I looked around Garbanzo Girl's videos and I found this one. I eat a lot of rice and beans and I've always made them on alternate days. Rice one day and Beans the next. And this isn't a bad strategy cause I also use rice for my stir fries and beans for my salads. but now that I know I can make them together I will be doing that more often.

So. Back to you Garbanzo Girl

These InstantPot recipes always cite the Pressure Cooking Time. I think that is false advertising. Besides the prep, there is the time for the pot to come to pressure and the time it takes to "naturally release". 30-minute Rice and Beans is really more like One Hour Rice and Beans. Just saying.

• 👍

Emma JC

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Fawn once told Dag that you just can't plant ideas. Someone has to stick around to water them and pick the caterpillars off.

I still love the concept of this thread.I just have to remember to keep watering it.

I'm a super fan of what I call bulk food cooking. When I make a PB sandwich, I do the whole loaf. When I make Lentil stew I make double the recipe. But when I make salad, I make them one at a time. And many a day when the ONLY reason I didn't have a salad for lunch is that I didn't have time to prepare it.

Then I accidentally found this video. Well not totally by accident, it was recommended to me by YouTube. Anyway, ohmygosh. I'm such an idiot. Why haven't I been bulk food making my salads. I even already have the giant Tupperware container.

So all that being said, Here is Garbanzo Girl.

A great share, Lou.

For me, I would rather all those things in a soup. Salad, other than ceasar salad has never appealed to me although I do eat them. I add kale and arugula and spinach etc to pastas, noodle dishes, soups and "bowls" rather than to salads. I think it is a chewing thing and also my body prefers it's fibre already started along the digestion process. lol

Emma JC

• 👍

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
A great share, Lou.

For me, I would rather all those things in a soup. Salad, other than ceasar salad has never appealed to me although I do eat them. I add kale and arugula and spinach etc to pastas, noodle dishes, soups and "bowls" rather than to salads. I think it is a chewing thing and also my body prefers it's fibre already started along the digestion process. lol

Emma JC
Maybe a California vs Canada thing. Who wants soup when its 90° F? But everyone wants soup when it's 0° C.

I can see a definite advantage of soups over salads - Less Chopping. you can just throw the stuff in your food processor. Or cook the veggies almost whole and then blend the soup afterward.

• 👍

Emma JC

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Today is over 90 and I would still rather soup for all the reasons you state.

Emma JC

• 👍