Young life lost

Ann Chovie

Ploughing my own furrow
Reaction score
Just had some devastating news and feeling upset and sad tonight.
A friend of mine .. A young lad I used to work with at Ageconcern Ben has lost his girlfriend.
His mum who I also worked with text me tonight to tell me.
They had been dating about two years and he was very happy with her. Apparently she was spending her first new year with Ben at his house and suddenly went into seizure. She was airlifted from MK to John Radcliffe hospital and died New Year's Day with Ben and her parents at her bedside. She was 22.
He obviously is not ready to talk to anyone and there is nothing to do but just to let him know I am thinking of him and that I am here if he needs me. So sad to live such a short life

Last edited:
So sorry, Ann Chovie. Such a tragic loss. :hug:

So sorry, Ann Chovie. Such a tragic loss. :hug:

Thank you KLS . Yes isn't it? I am so worried about how he will cope but not being family or close friend all I can do is offer my help if he needs it.
It turns out that she died of Meningitis.

Last edited:
Hopefully he has a good support system to help him through this difficult time. Meningitis...it's how my FIL died several years ago. We really never know when our time us up. We need to appreciate every day we have. :hug:

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I have checked through the grapevine and it appears that he has a couple of really close mates who are supporting him and he is coping.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52