World Vegan Day- 1st November

TreeHugger

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Happy world vegan day/month everyone :D

I found a couple of things online about it which you might enjoy, much love to you all xx

http://www.worldveganmonth.net/

If you're thinking of going vegan, why not try the 30 day vegan challenge? You get a heap of helpful information, and a personal mentor if you want one, the lady that I had, Mary, was lovely.
http://www.vegansociety.com/veganpledge/

If anyone does anything special for world vegan day/month or tries the pledge, let me know how it goes :)

This is perfect...I go back and forth every few months or so. I know I can do it for a month and maybe this time it will stick! :)

And, I finally got around to watching the new release of Peaceable Kingdom. :cry:

It's definitely worth a go!

It's really nice to have a supportive mentor, they've been there and done it all and because they've mentored hundreds of people before I didn't feel stupid asking a hundred ridiculous questions. Although after I read the vegan society's guide to vegan living (as follows) you might not have that many questions, it's really comprehensive and awesome!

http://www.guidetoveganliving.org.uk/

Good luck :D keep me updated!

I haven't heard of peaceable kingdom, but judging by the tears I think I will give it a miss. There's only so many times I can cry at my desk at work over animal video's before it gets silly.

Reactions: ledboots and KLS52
It's not as bad as Meat Your Meat or some of the other ones. At least I don't think it is. I had seen the first version and pre-ordered and waited patiently when I saw they were coming out with an updated version. Most of it was bearable. I fast forwarded through the upsetting parts but it still made me :cry:

I think that's perfect. My whole team at work (who are the kind of people who roll their eyes at us 'hippy's' and think vegan food is just rice and beans) unknowingly had vegan chocolate cake before, they were all saying how moist and delicious it was. They were so shocked when I informed them it was dairy and egg free, I think it made them reevaluate their assumptions of me/vegans.

Simple, yet effective. :)

I think that is the best way to show off vegan cooking, most people wont like fake meats or meals without meat in them(savoury) but if a cake or sweet treat is vegan and they like it, they get a pleasant suprise.
I made vegan fudge, cookies and muffins M took some to work and they loved them! One guy apparently keeps bugging M to force me to make more fudge haha.

Reactions: PTree15
I think that is the best way to show off vegan cooking, most people wont like fake meats or meals without meat in them(savoury) but if a cake or sweet treat is vegan and they like it, they get a pleasant suprise.
I made vegan fudge, cookies and muffins M took some to work and they loved them! One guy apparently keeps bugging M to force me to make more fudge haha.
Lol, that's awesome! Any chance you could share your fudge recipe? I've yet to make a vegan one that I really like. Thanks!

Wow, great video! I made vegan oatmeal raisin cookies, and I will be bringing them to work. It's only something little, but I just want people to know how delicious vegan treats and food can be.
Hey me too! :) Well, mine are oatmeal raisin walnut! :D I made a bunch of extra ones too, for my daughter to bring to work. :)

Reactions: PTree15
This vid is really awesome. Thanks for sharing.

The brutally graphic ones usually make me either homocidal or suicidal. :fp:

Edit: That being said - they are effective, very necessary and have their place. I'm just not the one who needs to view them anymore.

Reactions: TreeHugger
This vid is really awesome. Thanks for sharing.

The brutally graphic ones usually make me either homocidal or suicidal. :fp:

Edit: That being said - they are effective, very necessary and have their place. I'm just not the one who needs to view them anymore.

I don't watch any AR videos any more. The ones I have seen are enough to have made more than a lifetime's impact.

They mentioned world vegan day on the radio at work. Cue stupid veganism discussion amongst coworkers. But it was cool that it got mentioned - people are becoming more aware of vegans and vegetarians, and are hopefully coming to at least accept our viewpoint.

people are becoming more aware of vegans and vegetarians, and are hopefully coming to at least accept our viewpoint.

:yes: We're out there and becoming more and more difficult to ignore. :)

Reactions: Tom L.
Yep- veganism is getting more well-known! I can't call myself vegan yet, but I'm glad I've put my cheese-devouring, milk-guzzling, egg-snarfing days behind me.

I wound up celebrating Vegan Day without knowing it. Breakfast was homemade bread, toasted, with home-grown tomatoes; lunch was more of the same bread, with home-made chili beans and some unsalted dry-roasted peanuts (peanuts separate from the chili, but... now I'm wondering...); and dinner was a vegan spinach-eggplant-mushroom calzone and a vegan twinkie from two vegan-friendly restaurants.