World Plant Milk Day

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I think it was yesterday but I'm not sure.

I think its more of a European thing than an American thing. But I think I remember celebrating it last year and it was more of a big deal. (or was that World Non-Dairy Dessert Day?)

I don't know what we can do to celebrate it. It's not like any of us buy cow's milk. but they have some suggestions.

the one I like best is to get your local coffee shop to stop charging extra for Plant milk.
There is also some stuff about the coffee bars at work.
They have some informational posters you can hang up on the local bulletin board.

Anyway here is the link

Reactions: Emma JC
I think you're right! I noticed it and have been so freaking busy lately did not have time to share... And now it's a day late and I'm suddenly 'in between jobs' so I have nowhere to share it :(

I go to a Starbucks once a week to visit with some fellow geezers. They charge 50 cents extra for soy millk. but they have three kinds of milk for you to help yourself to on the counter. Half and half, whole and 2%. And the soy latte is also 50 cents more. I've gotten in the habit of just adding some soymilk to my empty coffee tumbler before heading over there.

The only other coffee shop I go to has soy and almond available for free.

PETA did an online petition to get Starbucks to drop the surcharge. I know they got a ton of signatures but I don't know if it will do any good.

Reactions: Emma JC
Coffee shops here now have oat milk, I switched to black coffee when I went vegan, hardly used any cow juice anyway so it was easy, soy milk seemed to sink to the bottom.

I use Natur-a unsweetened soy bev . . .

Ingredients
FILTERED WATER, WHOLE ORGANIC SOYBEANS, CALCIUM CARBONATE, NATURAL FLAVOURS, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, RIBOFLAVIN (B2), VITAMIN D2, VITAMIN B12, THIAMINE (B1), NIACIN (B3), VITAMIN B6, PANTOTHENATE (B5).

Tomorrow is

World Plant Milk Day

(See, I'm getting better with these special days. although this time it was the Switch4Good people who gave me a timely heads up. )

Challenge your friends and family to go dariy free.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
So PBN put out a pretty comprehensive article on plant milks.
Big takeaway:there are more types of plant milk than I thought.