Women's trainers/sneakers

naughtyvegan

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
hey ya'll. work keeps me on my feet for long hours. can you suggest some affordable vegan sneakers? thanks <3

hey ya'll. work keeps me on my feet for long hours. can you suggest some affordable vegan sneakers? thanks <3
I think we discussed this in the thread Shyvas recommended but I think its worth bringing up.

A lot of sneakers are "mostly vegan". The thing is with the adhesives. A lot of companies buy their adhesives in bulk and they can't swear by where they come from and what they are. But both by weight and money the adhesives are a pretty small part of the shoe.

New Balance was one of the first companies that manufactured a mostly vegan shoe. Today they even go the extra mile and make sure that adhesives are NOT from animals. However their shoes are about 50% more expensive than most shoes. That cost is not because of the materials in the shoe, but in the labour. They are one of the few shoes manufactured in America AND by Union employees. So you can rest assured that no children were exploited in their manufacture.

I found some cute vegan shoes recently

Reactions: FlandersOD and Lou
In terms of affordable vegan sneakers, you could look into Call It Spring - they have several options, and even their sandals and dress shoes tend to be quite comfortable, even for long periods. They're also currently certified as vegan-friendly by PETA, which means they are guaranteed to have no animal-derived ingredients in the glues.

• Informative
Reactions: Chryssie