Women's only section?

Rosie1

I don't know what to put here.
Reaction score
Is it possible to have that, like something you have to opt-in to see?
I know there was a women's section at the other board but it was also pretty public.
It'd be a good place for health questions and other things.

Yup, you've got my vote for that also. I'm all for the guys getting their own section as well if they want one. Although I think it was done in the past and it wasn't very active.

Reactions: Rosie1
Absolutely!! Lady issues are a HUGE convo piece among women and I love the idea to be able to opt in. Guys don't get too excited when they have to hear about our periods. Lol

I have no problem with a woman's section with one caveat:

Can we please keep birth control discussions out of it? It takes two to tango, and both genders should know about birth control.

Reactions: Spang

Can we please keep birth control discussions out of it? It takes two to tango, and both genders should know about birth control.
Wait, are you saying that if a women's section should be created, and it is a private, opt-in only section, you want to control what is or isn't going to be discussed in it? Should a men's subforum be created, that is also private and opt-in for men only - which I would be happy to see created - I wouldn't presume to begin to tell you all what you may or may not discuss in it, regardless of what gets discussed outside it.

The only caveat needed for the creation of a women's subforum, in my opinion, is that we will talk about anything we please, including birth control, as long as we are nice to one another. You remain free to discuss birth control anywhere you want as well.

Wait, are you saying that if a women's section should be created, and it is a private, opt-in only section, you want to control what is or isn't going to be discussed in it? Should a men's subforum be created, that is also private and opt-in for men only - which I would be happy to see created - I wouldn't presume to begin to tell you all what you may or may not discuss in it, regardless of what gets discussed outside it.

The only caveat needed for the creation of a women's subforum, in my opinion, is that we will talk about anything we please, including birth control, as long as we are nice to one another. You remain free to discuss birth control anywhere you want as well.

This, times 100.

Perhaps we should have:

- A birth control discussion in the Sexuality Forum
- A birth control discussion in the Women's Forum
- A birth control discussion in the Men's Forum

and then the subject can be discussed in three different permutations.

yo_dawg_function.jpg

Reactions: thefadedone
Perhaps we should have:

- A birth control discussion in the Sexuality Forum
- A birth control discussion in the Women's Forum
- A birth control discussion in the Men's Forum

and then the subject can be discussed in three different permutations.
I'm surprised one of our male members hasn't already started a birth control thread. :p

That is surprising, isn't it? In fact, I don't remember a birth control thread ever started by a guy.

I chalk it up to tact. Otherwise I'd be first in line to start the J**** f****** C********, you f******* bred, you f******** s***, thread.

(I understand that birth control can and will fail, given a large enough sample size, but dang, too many people I know have "unplanned" kids.)

Why? Sometimes, women want other female opinions on birth control, with all the gory details. Some women may not be comfortable discussing this right out in the open, and would prefer to just talk to other people with a vagina. I agree that both genders should learn about birth control, but that shouldn't stop a female-only discussion about it. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Also, I am totally for a woman-only section. And a man-only one too.

I chalk it up to tact. Otherwise I'd be first in line to start the J**** f****** C********, you f******* bred, you f******** s***, thread.

(I understand that birth control can and will fail, given a large enough sample size, but dang, too many people I know have "unplanned" kids.)

What you're talking about in that post is not a birth control thread, unless your use of asterisks is gratuitous and not meant to describe swearing.