US Women's history month

rainforests1

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Black history month in February
Women's history month in March
National Hispanic Heritage month in September 15-October 15

Is this getting excessive?

That leaves nine months devoted to white men's history, if my math is correct.

Does this remain excessive?

Reactions: Amy SF
Show me this commercial if you think I'm wrong. Apparently Native Americans have a month dedicated to them, but I've never seen a commercial honoring them.

I hope this doesn't push you over the edge, but there's an Asian-Pacific American Heritage month, too.

When's the white male gon' get his time? When, Lord, when?!

Last edited:
Reactions: Scorpius

I'm curious to know why you think honoring certain groups of people with their own month is a problem to begin with.

I'm also reminded of the time a group of women filmmakers organized a Women's Film Festival in New York to celebrate the women and their films often overlooked by the mainstream media. When one male observer demanded to know why they didn't also organize a men's film festival, the response was that there already IS a men's film festival. It's called "Hollywood".

The question we should be asking, is not why we have X History Month, but why X History is not integrated into the curriculum.

Last edited:
I'm curious to know why you think honoring certain groups of people with their own month is a problem to begin with.

I'm also reminded of the time a group of women filmmakers organized a Women's Film Festival in New York to celebrate the women and their films often overlooked by the mainstream media. When one male observer demanded to know why they didn't also organize a men's film festival, the response was that there already IS a men's film festival. It's called "Hollywood".
It's like when kids say, "How come there's a Mother's Day and a Father's Day but no Child Day?

Because every day is Child Day.

Reactions: hungryraccoon
Either all groups get their own month at some point in the year, or none of them do. They all deserve commercials equally. They started off with one group and have shown other groups recently.
I hope this doesn't push you over the edge, but there's an Asian-Pacific American Heritage month, too.
My big problem is the commercials. I've never seen a commercial honoring Asian-Americans either, and they're not in commercials very often. Last I read Asians are the biggest immigrant population in the US. You'd think we'd show them more respect. Muslims are another group the networks don't seem to care for too much.