Woman Dines at Every Single Vegan Restaurant in the US

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Haha, I thought this was pretty cool! :)
Kristin Lajeunesse, however, did. Four years ago, she had everything everyone is supposed to want: a graduate degree, a good job, a stable relationship. What she didn't have was happiness. So she sold her belongings, launched a Kickstarter campaign, bought a van and set out on a wild, cross-country road trip, determined to eat at every single vegan restaurant in the United States. It took her two years, but she nailed it.
More: Kristin Lajeunesse Will Travel for Vegan Food | Miami New Times (18. June 2015)

That's incredible and awesome!

That is very interesting!

She wrote a book about it, and maintains a blog.

When I look at the title of her book:
"Will Travel for Vegan Food: A Young Woman's Solo Van-Dwelling Mission to Break Free, Find Food, and Make Love" (emphasis by me),
my naughty mind of course wants to know more about whether this is a marketing trick to sell more books or what exactly was her mission in those two years ....

Best regards,
Andy

must be nice to go to a vegan restaurant.
my naughty mind of course wants to know more about whether this is a marketing trick to sell more books or what exactly was her mission in those two years ....
Yes, I also agree....she seems to have just followed her dreams to some sort of gimmick which I'm sure will make her fairly successful.

Wow, 547 restaurants! This has made me wonder how many UK vegan friendly restaurants I have visited. It must be about 20, not as impressive.:D

ETA - I just added it up and I must have been to about 35 veg restaurants/cafes.

I realised that I wasn't counting the veg restaurants I ate at when I was l/o vegetarian and I kept remembering more places so I must have eaten at about 55 veg restaurants.

Last edited:
That's wild. I didn't even know the U.S. Had that many vegan restaurants.

Does that include chain restaurants like Loving Hut, Veggie Grill and Native Foods? If so, did she eat at every location, or just one as a "representative" of the entire chain? (Stupid question, I know.)

I have not seen the book but for whatever reason it will / would bring attention to other ways of eating ... just looked at the Amazon entry ... one of the things it says is that there is a SAD story about a telly bear ... have NO wish to read that!

argh ... apologies ... it was a TEDDY bear ... read in the details of the book from Amazon UK ...

Anne, still remembering (hearing the story) of how she mournfully toddled about the house at the age of two looking for her teddy who had to incinerated! when she was in isolation in the hospital ... ;-(

Reactions: Second Summer