Will Burger King introduce its Indian vegetarian options abroad?

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
"Looking at the response here, the global management is evaluating introducing some of these options going forward to other vegetarian-friendly markets like the UK," Raj Varman, chief executive officer of Burger King India told PTI.
More: Burger King keen to replicate its Indian vegetarian menu globally - The Economic Times (28. June 2015)

However:
Update (July 1, 11:10 a.m.): Burger King told Quartz over email, “We always look for opportunities to share popular menu items from one region with other BURGER KING(R) restaurants and guests around the world. At this time we have no formal plans for expansion of our menu from India.”
More: Burger King might take its Indian vegetarian menu global - Quartz (June 30, 2015)

So no formal plans, but apparently they are evaluating it...

In Spain "burger" means meat. I used to like the spicy bean burgers which BK made in the UK but I've never seen it in Spain. Their food is really gross here.

In Spain "burger" means meat. I used to like the spicy bean burgers which BK made in the UK but I've never seen it in Spain. Their food is really gross here.

We have BK and MD's over here but have never seen a veggie burger on the menu. I don't go to these places but have asked several people and have searched on their websites.

France is so vegan unfriendly that it difficult to have a decent meal in a restaurant. I certainly refuse to fork out 12 -15 € for a dish of white pasta and a few vegetables.