Wildlife in our gardens

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Haven’t seen a thread about this so I thought that I would start one. Where I live it is mostly birds, however, I did see a fox one time. There is also a Large colony of feral cats, as much as I Love cats I wish that they had homes instead of living rough as they do.
Anyway I would enjoy seeing photos of any creatures that visit you.
At the moment I only have one photo that I can access and it isn’t great but, it’s a start...A525A2A2-3A0C-4060-97EE-18B1FCCDA148.jpeg

I live in an apartment too, however, there is a lot of trees, grass and wild spaces around...

Reactions: KLS52
Birds are hard to photograph. the little guys just won't hold still.

I also have a deer heading down the street. :)
View attachment 23542
Aw, that must have been fun to see...
Yep, I have a hard time getting shots of the birds that come to my patio...
I always put a dish of water out for them, would love to have a Beautiful bath for them like your sister has...

You probably shouldn't put the seed on the ground. Its dangerous on the ground. and you said you have feral cats.

you should get an elevated bird feeder - some have built in bird baths. some don't cost too much money and I think you would get your money's worth just by sitting and watching them.

My sister has a bunch of bird feeders. You can't really see them but they are on the trellis like thing. there is an oriole feeder. a finch feeder, and a squirrel proof feeder. there is also a humming bird feeder is right outside the kitchen window. The finch feeder is very popular.

Last edited:
You probably shouldn't put the seed on the ground. Its dangerous on the ground. and you said you have feral cats.

you should get an elevated bird feeder - some have built in bird baths. some don't cost too much money and I think you would get your money's worth just by sitting and watching them.

My sister has a bunch of bird feeders. You can't really see them but they are on the trellis like thing. there is an oriole feeder. a finch feeder, and a squirrel proof feeder. there is also a humming bird feeder is right outside the kitchen window. The finch feeder is very popular.
Yeah, I do realise that there is a bit of a risk feeding them on the ground, however, the management Really doesn’t want us to feed them. So if I put out a feeder I would probably get in trouble... The cats are Very shy so they don’t spend much time near the buildings... I have put branches out and the tits grab a seed a fly straight up onto them to munch...There are also hedges near by that they fly into...

Reactions: Lou
Really love having these guys come by...E8B08A83-E02E-464B-B51B-C79AF5BA8292.jpegWhen only one shows up I worry until the next time when they are back together...

This thread started too late for me. I don't get many visitors at my new house. 😭
I may have to resort to posting old pictures from when I lived in New York lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
This thread started too late for me. I don't get many visitors at my new house. 😭
I may have to resort to posting old pictures from when I lived in New York lol.
Ah, photos from your old house would be good too @KLS52...
And hopefully you will start getting some visitors soon at your new place...

• Love
Reactions: Lou and KLS52
F6679A14-E2B4-4736-BF84-A4FB06D3C97D.jpegIt is So easy to spook them, even behind the glass door sometimes if I make a movement off they fly...

• Love
Reactions: KLS52
Last year I spent an unreasonable amount to time researching bird house camera set ups. Both my sisters have multiple bird feeders in their backyard and almost no photos. And I wanted to get them a birthday present.
There are a bunch of companies that make various set up where you get photos of birds in your backyards. some are videos. The amount of time and effort to install them varied but knowing my sisters and BILs I needed to select the easiest of the bunch. And I couldn't afford anything too extravagant.

Anyway, after a while I gave up. I couldn't find anything worth getting.

However... I just looked up a few cause I want to include some more info for those who might be interested and I found this. This is going to be my go to birthday present this year.

• Informative
Reactions: 1956