Wife began eating meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to get a grip Colin, your wife is entitled to a free choice about politics, religion, work, diet and a whole host of other life choices. If you have lost your love for her because she has, for whatever reason, chosen to alter her beliefs on one specific topic then that says more about your intolerance than it does about her.

You might dislike my opinion, and it was based on a small snapshot of your circumstances, but you sought advice and that is what i offered. Perhaps its a case of the truth hurts.

People change. Change is the only constant in the universe. Allow others the same freedom you desire for yourself. If you can't accept your partner fully then it is better to be alone.

Reactions: Paul Bradford
I would feel completely betrayed if my wife started eating meat, honestly. She's the one that converted me. I dont know what I would do. :worried:

what is her reasoning behind this?

You might dislike my opinion, and it was based on a small snapshot of your circumstances, but you sought advice and that is what i offered. Perhaps its a case of the truth hurts.

Your post was nasty and anti vegan. The OP deleted their thread. They were seeking support. I'm going to report you. I don't think your behavior is appropriate or respectful on this forum, since you're neither vegan nor even vegetarian. It's like an atheist insulting a Christian on a Christian forum. There it would be clearly spotted as the trolling it is.

Reactions: JacobEdward
You need to get a grip Colin, your wife is entitled to a free choice about politics, religion, work, diet and a whole host of other life choices. If you have lost your love for her because she has, for whatever reason, chosen to alter her beliefs on one specific topic then that says more about your intolerance than it does about her.

Hey GTFO. As if suddenly being indifferent to murder (and the rape that follows so they can have enough to kill for the next cycle) is just this trivial preference... WTF are you doing in a Vegan forum that you would seriously suggest someone tolerate such a huge change in someone when that's like the most important relationship someone can have... seriously... there's gotta be a way to block people like you if you're not going to leave on your own.

Where are the admins?

Reactions: FlandersOD
If you're inviting people to comment on your situation you need to be ready to hear differing opinions.

Putting children through a divorce over meat eating sounds extreme even to me. I don't think anyone should feel required to stay in a loveless marriage, and a disagreement over deeply held values is a legitimate reason to separate, but I can see how a non-vegan like Paul would see this as an over reaction.

I don't think Paul is being nasty or trolling, just voicing his opinion. We don't have a vegan-only requirement to join the site, and we shouldn't.

If you're inviting people to comment on your situation you need to be ready to hear differing opinions.

Putting children through a divorce over meat eating sounds extreme even to me. I don't think anyone should feel required to stay in a loveless marriage, and a disagreement over deeply held values is a legitimate reason to separate, but I can see how a non-vegan like Paul would see this as an over reaction.

I don't think Paul is being nasty or trolling, just voicing his opinion. We don't have a vegan-only requirement to join the site, and we shouldn't.

>>for whatever reason, chosen to alter her beliefs on one specific topic then that says more about your intolerance<<

This suggestion is a troll comment

I can disagree with someone without attacking the legitimacy of their motives or their ability to voice their opinion.

Competition of ideas is a good thing. Ideological conformity isn't a virtue.

As vegans we should want to be better at speaking with non-vegans about our views. That means giving them a chance to speak as well.

I can disagree with someone without attacking the legitimacy of their motives or their ability to voice their opinion.

As vegans we should want to be better at speaking with non-vegans about our views. That means giving them a chance to speak as well.

You can, doesn't mean it would make sense not to do so, especially in the context of what is typical for non vegans in vegan discussions... There is still competition of ideas without having to put up with disingenuous people (more so as you're no longer wasting your time with nonsense)...

I will absolutely suggest this guy should be blocked, I would have blocked him individually if I knew how, is there a way for individuals to block other individuals here like they can on Facebook?

Reactions: Forest Nymph

Hilarious comedy where people waste all of their time in discussions with thinly veiled insults and intentionally confused thinking just for the sake of trying to not look like they're ideological conformists or there's some notion of competition... and when there were others who would have actual conversations, use actual common sense where a man posting on a vegan forum about his wife... this is so stupid, are you serious?

Your post was nasty and anti vegan. The OP deleted their thread. They were seeking support. I'm going to report you. I don't think your behavior is appropriate or respectful on this forum, since you're neither vegan nor even vegetarian. It's like an atheist insulting a Christian on a Christian forum. There it would be clearly spotted as the trolling it is.

Imagine if the OP had been a meat eater, and had come on here to ask advice because his wife had chosen to become Vegan. A complete mirror image of the actual events. My comments would still be applicable, possibly a little harsh but I come from a region where the norm is to say what you think, rather than risk having your opinion misinterpreted.
I don't see anything in my comment that is anti vegan?

You need to get a grip

No, you need to get a grip!

You call it harsh, and I call it extremely rude. It doesn't have to be anti-vegan to be unwelcome on this forum.

I'm not apposed to non-vegans on this forum, but this kind of "a little harsh" will get you banned next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.