Why do have hyponatremia?

Ruby12345

Reaction score
Since going from from vegetarian to vegan I keep experiencing hyponatremia. If I eat a salty snack it only resolves it for a short time. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night shaking and panicking then have to eat salt and go back to sleep.

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I doubt it has anything to do with veganism. call your doctor and ask HIM.

Ruby12345

Reaction score
I went to the doctors 2 months ago. She didn't know. The blood test showed b12 was low but I've now been taking this for 6 weeks and it hasn't resolved the problem.

Forest Nymph

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Do you take a medication like Trileptal? Do you drink excessive amounts of water, or work out (and therefore sweat) more than the average person? Do you go overboard with raw foods and undersalt your meals?

Reactions: Lou

Ruby12345

Reaction score
No I don't take any medication, don't drink lots of water, I have been adding lots of sea salt to meals but it's like my body can't hold onto it

Emma JC

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
No I don't take any medication, don't drink lots of water, I have been adding lots of sea salt to meals but it's like my body can't hold onto it
Do you drink coffee? herbal teas? do you take supplements like dandelion or any other known diuretics?

What foods do you no longer eat, or now eat, since the change from vegetarian to vegan?

What tests did the doctor do? were blood tests for kidney, liver functions done?

Research research research.... you really need to stay on top of an issue this serious and if your current doctor isn't helping then keep looking for one that will.

good luck, Emma JC

TofuRobot

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I went to the doctors 2 months ago. She didn't know. The blood test showed b12 was low but I've now been taking this for 6 weeks and it hasn't resolved the problem.
That's it? Just, Ï don't know,"and you're on your way? If she doesn't have the desire to continue searching for an answer, you need to seriously find someone who does. Why are you accepting "I don't know" for an answer? Please take care of yourself xo