Why can't I copy/save URL links or images??

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
Reaction score
This has never happened before... just noticed today. I am unable to right-click with my mouse to copy a URL... I have to use Shift-F10. Unfortunately, this won't work for copying/saving images.

This is what happens when I try to right-click on a web address (in order to paste the link)....

SSCN0277.JPG

And this is what happens when I try to (right-click) copy or save an image....

SSCN0279.JPG

Please help!! :argh:This is going to be a major issue if I can't figure out what's wrong. :sadnod:

I'm at a loss, so I'm going to try a System Restore (everything was fine yesterday) and cross my fingers.... :confused:

Last edited:
This is what happens when I try to right-click on a web address (in order to paste the link)....

sscn0277-jpg.13068
Hmm. You seem to have selected the URL (it's blue) so can you simply do ctrl-c (to copy it) and then later ctrl-v to paste it?

Hmm. You seem to have selected the URL (it's blue) so can you simply do ctrl-c (to copy it) and then later ctrl-v to paste it?
Well, I've discovered that if I click to make it blue, then hit Shift-F10, that brings up the little copy/paste drop-down menu... I can copy from there, then paste using right-click on the mouse. I don't know why it's like this now.... :???:

As long as you can do what you want to do, that is something, right?

:ms: It was the mouse all along! :argh: It started with the weird crap I described before, then today was some seriously wacked-out demon-possessed stuff... I think it was going through the death throes. LOL

But I just got back from Staples with a new one, plug-n-play, and now everything is working as it should. :up:

Reactions: Second Summer