Whole Foods Diet Challenge

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I went to the get together for the whole foods challenge, around 20 people were there. A couple of omni's came which is always good to see. There was also a vegan RN who has a background in nutrition (and I think she offers classes).

We are going to have a potluck meeting in a month and see how every one is doing.

My first day didn't go so well.
I had a huge Starbucks drink waiting for me, so I think we can call that day a fail. :p

Day two was much better, ate lots of fruit and veggies. Still not oil and sugar free yet though.

Day three started out good, but I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal and ended up putting in some maple syrup and chocolate chips. Eating a salad now with an oil free dressing and it isn't bad.

Someone handed out a recipe for chorizo tacos made with tofu which sounds delicious. I'm going to try making them tonight, although I'm missing a few ingredients.

Someone else made a sweet potato chocolate pudding which was delicious. It took a few bites to get used to the mild sweetness as it's not nearly as sweet as regular pudding, but I couldn't stop eating it after I adjusted to it. I will be making this....a lot. :) Vegan Chocolate Pudding - Simply Healthy (made with sweet potatoes!)

They also handed out this 6 week kick starter diet flyer. I don't think I'll be able to be that strict but I will follow it as much as I can.
Screen+shot+2011-09-20+at+12.01.46+PM.png

I would have trouble with the oil-free part. I use a lot of olive oil for cooking and dressings. :D I'd imagine processed vegan foods would be out as well (no Gardein, lol) :D
I like the idea of whole foods, though, as they are much healthier than processed stuff. I am trying to cut down on bread and pasta. I just eat way too much of it. I likely eat too much Daiya cheese, too. :D

Best of luck, Calliegirl! And keep us posted on your progress. :)

I didn't do so well with this, partly because I wasn't prepared. I didn't have much in the way of fresh fruit and veggies (which was the majority of the diet) and was trying to make it last until I had time to go shopping, which just made me hungry and cranky. So, I ended up making cinnamon raisin bread last night and eating two slices, then another two for breakfast which would have been four days worth of grains/starches on the diet. :eek:

I don't think it's going to work for me right now, but I am cutting way down on the oil I use (but not going to feel guilty when I do use it) and way down on the processed foods. I will eat healthier, just not to this extreme. :D