Who belongs to Costco?

I got my Samsung smart TV from Costco. They have good prices on TV’s, but the best prices are reserved for members. I’m not a member, but my sister is, so I gave her my credit card info and she bought it online using her membership number. It makes sense for her to have a membership, but not for me, but since she shops there a lot, she knows what items are a good deal there.

Reactions: Val
I joined a few months ago and have only been once.
:(

It’s a pain in the neck driving there. I did get a two pack of queen sized pillows for 11.99 and they are amazing. I was just about to buy a “my pillow” for $50 because I was having a lot of neck and shoulder pain. So glad I didn’t.

I was very disappointed in the selection of food. I was hoping for more vegan options but they had none. Even the omni food for hubby and son was lacking. And they had none of the coffee I like, ground or Keurig pods.

I was less than impressed.

20 Vegan Things at Costco We're Stocking Up On
Even though these sound good I know they wouldn't be discounted enough for me to buy them! And...I'm supposed to avoiding processed foods anyway :rolleyes:
A coworker I eat lunch with brings the best raspberries and blackberries from there!

Their gas isn't even discounted enough. I remember once I got lost and pulled into a Costco hoping for directions and gas. I got directions...

They do have a 14 day refund. I may just get it and explore :D. From what i know, you can't buy anything without a membership! BJ's lets you for an additional 5%

Reactions: KLS52
I would go for it especially since you havevthe Groupon deal. It might work better for you.

I buy our dry cat food there, the Kirkland brand, because it 's considerably cheaper than other brands that don't contain corn or soybeans that I have been able to find.

I also buy my yeast there, and with the amount I use, I think the savings on that alone probably pays for the yearly membership.

Last year, we bought a lot of trees, shrubs and perennials, at good pricing.

This year, I got my glasses there, and saved about $200 from what they would have cost at Walmart, not to mention anywhere else. I was also favorably impressed by the optometrist at that particular store.

I used to buy all our canned cat and dog food there, but recently checked out the ingredients in the Aldi canned foods, and switched to Aldi for that. We'll save about $1,600 per year by doing that.

ETA: I don't generally buy food there, because Aldi is almost always cheaper. However, sometimes when they have taste samples of fruit, I go ahead and buy because I know how it will taste, and fruit can be so disappointing. I bought the best clementines there last winter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Val and silva
Last year, we bought a lot of trees, shrubs and perennials, at good pricing.

ETA: I don't generally buy food there, because Aldi is almost always cheaper. However, sometimes when they have taste samples of fruit, I go ahead and buy because I know how it will taste, and fruit can be so disappointing. I bought the best clementines there last winter.
I didn’t think of that...garden supplies! I’ll make hubby drive me there. Just not sure I want to chance it on a weekend...it’s unbearably crowded and with lots of traffic congestion.

And I should go for the fruit, too, especially now that summer fruits are out. Everything I’ve been buying in my supermarkets has been tasteless. I hate that.

Reactions: Val
Do you have any farmers’ markets in your area?
I know of one but I can’t seem to get there on the one day a week that they are opened. And it’s pretty small...not a lot of selection. I’m not into traveling more than 10-15 minutes for fruit/vegetables.

I guess I feel like TJs and WF should have quality stuff. And my local supermarkets advertise getting their produce from local farmers.

I feel like the last few years, fruit has been really poor quality, for the most part. It’s so frustrating.

I agree about awful fruit! Esp melons. I'd like to say organic is best, but haven't found that to be true!
Watermelon- funny texture. Cantalopes-not flavorful when ripe.
Stone fruit-very hit or miss! Organic, conventional- both have been bad, and can't tell without trying. A juicey, perfect slight give, does not mean it's going to taste good. Ive had organics that were rotten around the pit, conventional that simply had no taste
Pineapples and kiwis otoh, have been amazing!
Berries so far have been good this year

Considering that “organic” is about which pesticides can be used on a plant, and not being a GMO, that doesn’t necessarily translate to better taste. If it was still grown in a monoculture, shipped halfway across the globe, and knows refrigerators better than a grocery store employee.... yeah.