1. Full fat cow’s milk
2. Semi-skimmed cow’s milk
3. Skimmed cow’s milk
4. Soya milk
5. Oat milk
6. Rice milk
7. Hemp Milk
8. Almond Milk

Which one you consuming right now and how it is helpful for you.

I consume mostly fortified soya milk, usually with oat porridge, and some fortified oat milk (Oatly to be specific - the other brands don't taste nearly as good) which I drink plain. Occasionally I will have some almond milk (also fortified).

I don't consume animal milks on account of the ethical argument. As for the health aspect, most foods and drinks have a set of positives and a set of negatives. You can compensate for the lack of a nutrient in one food by getting it from some other source. But you can't easily do much about the presence of negatives, such as cholesterol (only found in animal foods), saturated fats, or the risk of contamination / pathogens, which I feel is higher in animal foods.

I buy unsweetened almond or cashew. I like soy, but my son doesn't, I have a soy milk machine which rarely gets used anymore.
I'm so happy to find the dairy aisle is getting taken over by plant milks of all kinds :jump:

I've only had the 3 types of cow's milk you mention at the top of the list, almond milk, soya milk, and something called "Vegelicious", which appears to be made mostly from potatoes and pea protein. I like them all, but I mostly use soya milk, because it seems to be the closest to cow's milk in nutritional value.

I avoid animal milks now because I don't trust any commercial producer to treat the animals as well as I would require. I know I would love and care for a goat or cow properly, but taking care of a sentient being is a big responsibility- and I don't want to assume that responsibility just so I can consume dairy again.

Usually none.

Occasionally I get a craving for Grapenuts so I head for the soy milk.
Grapenuts was my Dad's favorite cereal. It definitely needs something liquid to soften it.

*CRUNCH* *CRUNCH* *CRUNCH*

Last edited:
We have been using cashew milk for a while now. We use to buy almond milk but the cashew is less calories!

I buy blue diamond almond milk -"original and unsweetened." It's 30 calories per serving.

Cashew milk is less than that? - I think I'll check it out!

Reactions: Val
I buy blue diamond almond milk -"original and unsweetened." It's 30 calories per serving.

Cashew milk is less than that? - I think I'll check it out!

Unsweetened Silk Cashew milk is 25 calories a cup. And I never use a whole cup on cereal or in a smoothie so it is amazingly low!

I've never really been a milk drinker, I don't make smoothies, and I'll have cereal maybe once a year now... but I use plant milk to make vegan ranch dressing & "cheese" sauce. :)

This is currently in my fridge (I normally don't get this much, but I had a good coupon)....

8916795_orig-278x328.jpg

I usually get this, though....

44825C0E-B11C-645F-2F740215C2521229_medium.jpg

I've tried hemp milk a few times, too. Very beneficial, but there seems to be more particulate than I'd prefer. :rolleyes: LOL

Oh, and I use this in my coffee....

001960969-1

Mainly 4 (soy) and 8 (almond), preferable unsweetened.

I mix the two for my coffee, as soy gives nice foam and almond gives a nice taste.
I have also tried oat and rice milk, but they were not great, especially regarding foam for my cappuccino. That has markedly improved, anyway, since I got a nice induction milk frother - that gives even better results than the steam jet of a coffeehouse-grade espresso machine.