Which city is the vegan capital of the world?

Wow, that's a lot of vegan restaurants! That is impressive.

I was going to suggest Chicago or Boston, as those are cities I've visited and enjoyed a lot. London is not bad either (but it's not my favourite city for other reasons, despite its excellent subway network).

I've been briefly to New York as well, but not been around exploring as much as those other cities. I might have to go back there one day.

New York was fantastic for vegan food <3 I still have dreams about the vegan chinese restaurant I went to, with its "lobster" ramen soup and vegan cheesecake. And Candle 79 <3

London has some of my favourite vegan places to eat ever, and even if you're eating in omni restaurants most places will be able to produce a vegan option.

Never been to LA, but it seems like it would be pretty friendly - have already picked out lots of restaurants to go to when I eventually get out there.

I would bet, though, that somewhere in India would likely be the most vegan friendly, due to the amount of vegetarians (particularly strict ones) there and the fact that Indian cuisine lends itself very well to veganism.

Philly was pretty vegan-friendly. I miss it because where I live now is not so veg-friendly. (Much smaller town). My town does have one vegetarian/vegan restaurant, but it pales in comparison to anything Philly offered up :). Parts of Maine are pretty veg-friendly as well, like Portland and Bar Harbor (according to a friend :) ). There is a cool restaurant in Rockland, Maine, that can do vegan if you ask. It's called Cafe Miranda, and the food is tasty. The last time I went there, they were offering a vegan red wine. Was quite pleased about that :)