Where to buy frozen kale in UK?

Jotaro

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Help! Does anyone know where to but frozen kale in UK?
Supermarket or online

Thanks. I went to morrisons and Iceland and was told they discontinued it. Emailed Tesco and they also discontinued.
And not available on all their websites.

But anyway ocado sell online. And amazon.

Can you get fresh? I was surprised how well it freezes- I just put a bag of prewashed and cut in the freezer, it came out pretty much like it went in

Yes I can get fresh. It just that I remembered a year or so ago I bought some frozen and it was very cheap and convenient.
I used to buy 825g bag for £1.10, and buying fresh or from amazon/ocado is lot more expensive.

Yes I can get fresh. It just that I remembered a year or so ago I bought some frozen and it was very cheap and convenient.
I used to buy 825g bag for £1.10, and buying fresh or from amazon/ocado is lot more expensive.
I used the frozen all the time. It was brilliant. Just wish we could get an answer as to why it was discontinued.

I think it might be a seasonal item, as it uses a lot of space in the freezer and is not a very expensive item when in season.

In the North of Germany, where it is a special regional dish, the season is from September to beginning of March, that’s when it’s typically offered together with some special, and especially horrible:
”Bregenwurst” made from pork meat and … brains o_O
sausage in restaurants and supermarkets.

Last edited:
Thanks Andy, but this has been unavailable for a couple of years now. Was in cubes, just like the frozen spinach is now.

Reactions: Andy_T