Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Yes, the holidays are all about giving, and warmth, and cheer, and love, etc. but let's be brutally honest, it's also about the getting. :p This is the thread where we get to gush over the loot we got.

We had our family Chanukah celebration at my mom's house yesterday, and exchanged gifts. This is what I got:

1. The Complete Firefly on DVD
2. A mouse pad (and I needed a new one!) with pictures of my 20-month-old great-nephew, two of him alone, and two of him with his parents, and the message "Love makes us family"
3. A "salt lamp" thingy that is actually a room humidifier/ion purifier
4. A check for $100 (from my mom, who gave everyone a check because she's 89 years old and that is what is easiest for her)
5. A $25 Amazon gift card
6. A box of chocolates

My sister also gave me a My Passport Ultra backup for my computer, but since I already have a backup (she wasn't aware that I had already bought it), she's going to return it and get me something else. :)

Last edited:
Nice haul. I got nothin'...we're exchanging tomorrow.

I'm very spoiled at my age, and gets always a lot of nice things.

- Nemi album X (Norwegian cartoon)
- "Desert God" of Wilbur Smith
- A Norwegian book about the food industry of Niels Christian Geelmuyden, "The Truth on the Table" I guess the translation will be
- Two cookbooks. One allergy cookbook, where all recepies is without egg and gluten, and can be made without cow milk (just a few meat recepies, but a lot of baking and dessert) and one with a lot of different techniques I do not know (not vegan at all, but the different tehniques can of cause be used on vegan food)
- Socks and gloves that is too small, and I have to exchange them and get a size bigger
- Face stuff from The Body Shop (hemp cream, hemp lipbalm and face scrub)
- Kitchen knife of porcelain
- Refillable salt and pepper mill in stainless steel
- Bathrobe
- Jar of dried funnel chantarells
- Two calenders (one from Noomi's breeder, with pictures of dogs from her kennel in, and on from a place who is rehoming dogs)

and there is one presents on it's way in the mail for me. :)

Vida and Noomi got three toys each (a Kong frog, a teddy bear and a killer whale, so they are now Sea Shepherds), and of cause a lot of treats. It's very important that toys are two of each, so they can have the same toy.

I got an 8 pack of Beers of the World which will be interesting to try. I also got a set of beer glasses to go with the beer. :D Also some scented bath salts and body wash. I wasn't expecting any of it! I usually get a giftcard from my sister and that's it.

Well, I must say, I made out really well. :)
Three pair of jeans, black, denim and grey. The grey have to be returned because they don't fit.
Two sleeveless shells to go with two nice cardigans.
Trouser socks.
A bag full of toiletries, mostly vegan! Can't wait to try some of the different shampoos and conditioners. My hair has been a mess, lately!
A gift card to Trader Joe's!
A gift card to Whole Foods!

Aaaaaaaaaand...this, which just cracks me up! I don't know what my daughter was thinking, :rofl:

81fpLGJrsAL._SL1500_.jpg

I had a pretty kickass Christmas, present-wise. Like @Mikkel , I feel like I'm very spoiled for my age. Oh, well, I'll take it. I got:

1. Vegan Doc Marten boots (they're too big, I'm going to have to exchange them)
  2. A Skinnomi Tech Skin for my tablet (screwed up with the installation, so I'm going to have to get another one)
  3. A box of Lush soaps
  4. A huge, cozy blanket
  5. An M&M scented candle (CVS gift from my father)
  6. Assorted mini shampoos and hand creams (more CVS gifts from my father :p )
  7. Car Wash coupons
  8. A dress
  9. Some Luna Bars
  10. a 12-pack of diet cranberry soda
  11. Scratch tickets
  12. Cash money
  13. Rubber floor mats for my Mini!! (my 'big gift' . . . I've been asking for these for a while)
I think that's it.

Last edited:
I did pretty well, too. My parents still spoil me rotten even at my advanced age.
I got from them and various relatives and friends:
A Byers caroler (a beach-themed Santa. He's beautiful :D )
Gift cards to Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, Sears, REI and to ION vegan restaurant
Some cute kitchen things: very pretty metal measuring spoons with designs etched into them; salt and pepper shakers shaped like a ball of yarn (I don't know where my mom finds these things!)
A pine-scented candle
A wicked cool Yoda mug
A change purse that matches my kitty-theme pocketbook
A dragonfly necklace
A very cool necklace made with purple wires; it almost looks like a dreamcatcher. It's really pretty.
Various vegan body lotions
A Bruins ornament, the Christmas story leg lamp ornament and a kitty-in-a-stocking ornament
Oh, and my favorite gift: a vegan cookbook: Betty Goes Vegan. It's chock full of vegan comfort-foodness. I can't wait to try out some of the recipes.

Well, I must say, I made out really well. :)
Three pair of jeans, black, denim and grey. The grey have to be returned because they don't fit.
Two sleeveless shells to go with two nice cardigans.
Trouser socks.
A bag full of toiletries, mostly vegan! Can't wait to try some of the different shampoos and conditioners. My hair has been a mess, lately!
A gift card to Trader Joe's!
A gift card to Whole Foods!

Aaaaaaaaaand...this, which just cracks me up! I don't know what my daughter was thinking, :rofl:

View attachment 5913

I'd say she saw it and JUST couldn't resist getting it for you, knowing it's probably not something you'd buy for yourself. :p

Reactions: KLS52
I am so lucky!

-a double bed frame, duvet,
sheets, pillowcases etc
(I just have to buy a mattress & I have a whole new bed)
- a grey onepiece onesie
-pink converse
-grey & white polka dot pjs
- £15 beauty salon voucher
- thick pink fluffy socks
- Burt's bees set
- body shop set
- sanctuary spa set
- lush moisturiser & toner
- bracelet
- body shop body butters
- slippers
- 3x topshop Christmas socks (so cute)
- 'Us' by David Nicholls
- 'The Last Watch' by Sergei Lukyanenko
- an amaryllis plant
- a Ted Baker bag (non leather)
- Dallas Buyer's Club on DVD
- a candle
- gloves
- and a TONNE of chocolate
- Starbucks travel mug & bag of ground coffee.

:) oh & £50 cash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.