what will be the consequences of prevalent, life-like computer graphics?

Blobbenstein

Reaction score
One thing, it will make it next to impossible to trust completely video footage in the news.

Another, cute videos of cats could be faked
eek-gif.2403
, and I personally wouldn't like that they might not be real any more.:sob:

What other consequence might there be?

Like when some ordinary guy sitting at home could produce any type of video he wanted, with a (then) ordinary computer.

One thing that might become popular would be for people to edit famous movies, and have it appear that they were one of the central characters.

I was a witness to something that got videotaped and put on the evening news in the early 90s. I have not trusted video news footage since.

Reactions: Andy_T
That might be years away yet. Even the best computer generated graphics of people still doesn't look real.

I like to think that no matter what, there is always *something* that will allow us to distinguish real people from CGI people. like something isn't there as they're not truely conscious. At the moment CG people all seem dead in the eyes.

bumping old thread.

Videogame footage appears in ITV Exposure documentary as 'IRA video'
The producers of ITV’s new investigative current affairs programme have come under fire after footage used in the documentary they described as an 'IRA video from 1988' was actually taken from a video game

Video: Videogame footage appears in ITV Exposure documentary as 'IRA video' - Telegraph

article from 2011..

When I watched King Kong last night I was impressed by the graphics.....a lot of those street scenes must have been CGI..

As for the eyes, I think they will look real before long.