What was this 80s movie called?

Indian Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I need to know this! Please help ...!

I watched this movie some time in the mid 80s. It was kind of a He-Man movie, but I can't seem to find it under that name online anywhere. I remember bits and pieces of it, e.g.:

Scene 1: "He-Man" is riding his cat-horse into quicksand and almost drowns, but is helped by two squirrels (?) who climb onto a tree branch so it's bent down just enough that he can reach it, and is able to pull himself out.

Scene 2: Something about "Skeletor" on top what looks like an Aztec pyramid. He tries to sacrifice a human, but I think he's foiled by "He-Man".

Come to think of it, perhaps it was a Conan movie?

Indian Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Wow well done Amy. I genuinely thought that IS was recalling an LSD trip when I read the description :p
Good thing I left out some of the more trippy scenes then! Because there was definitely a scene in which the Evil Guy was using magic to suck some kind of green liquid or slime from prisoners' heads! I think it was supposed to be their life force or energy or something?!

Also, a scene in which the Good Guy was basically "ballet dancing" through a whole legion of Minions, using his sword for protection, although not hitting anyone with it ... (I think it was near the pyramid sacrifice scene.)

Here's the trailer:

Movies were a lot better in the 80s!

Indian Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Also, apparently there are one or two sequels ...! Have you watched these, Amy?

Blobbenstein

Reaction score
I wasn't sure if I was interested in that kind of film.....ambivalent....I don't watch many movies these days anyway......