What was the latest concert you went to?

Stephen Cummings, today, Rochford Winery :)

Who listens to the radio? That’s what I’d like to know :)48AED5D0-D660-43C9-817B-21894D2B0362.jpeg

Great :)

I did a bicycle pub crawl with a group a couple weeks ago, ended at a bluegrass/americana concert. Don't remember the name, they were pretty meh.

Reactions: betiPT
I got my son tickets to see Snarky Puppy in May. Can't remember the last actual "concert" I saw. I was a music major and have seen a lot of great concerts, of which only a handful made me say "Wow!." Martha Argerich with the Verbier Orchestra, Murray Periah (these are 2 of the best pianists of all time).

I go out frequently to dance to a lot of great house and techno DJs, but I don't suppose those count as "concerts" - though a couple of underground concerts had live musicians - those were super cool =)

We saw bryan ferry a couple of years ago, good time, he doesnt move much does he? :)
More recently seen ELO and Madness, and going to see 10CC in march. I'm not sure how many, if any, of those names are known stateside?

Bryan Ferry did move a little :) he may have gotten feedback from previous concerts :)

I love ELO, Madness and 10cc :)

Reactions: Paul Bradford
Honest, when we saw him, if he moved out of a 10 ft square area i must have blinked and missed it. Good tunes though, another artist who starts singing a song and you think crikey, i forgot he did that, and yet i know all the words...

Bryan Ferry did move a little :) he may have gotten feedback from previous concerts :)

I love ELO, Madness and 10cc :)

I just noticed you are in Aus., so the stateside reference was irrelevant. I visited Aus last year, nice country from what I saw.

DEAD & COMPANY | SHORELINE | 7/2/18

It was a little odd. I can't tell you how many times I'd see the Grateful Dead at Shoreline. I was there for the last time Jerry played there. I was there the last time the Grateful Dead played there. and I had seen the Grateful Dead at Levis for their "Last performance". So in a lot of ways, it was nostalgic and sad.

But the show was great. In many ways better than the Levis show.

36813584_10156168485524667_8784547922483085312_o.jpg

Two heads were discussing a recent show. "It was terrible, the mix was bad, Bobby forgot lines, the playing was uninspired, it was torture to listen to," said the first. The second added, "I agree, and it was too short, too!".

I've seen several shows in the quad, the last one I really enjoyed and danced to was Diggin' Dirt. I should be grateful I've seen them for free, I guess some people pay for tix.

The last major show I saw was Lana del Rey at the Hollywood Forever Cemetary, I bought tickets from a scalper, stood in line for an hour ,and sat on a blanket on the lawn with four women I didn't even know. But it was AMAZING, LANA IS AMAZING and it was so awesome to see her in an outdoor venue, in a fancy romantic cemetery with celebs no less, I'll never forget it. People were so nice, too, making friends and wearing flower crowns.

I did legitimately go to an open mic night at my local hang out a couple of weeks ago, though, where I was impressed with some of the local talent. Couldn't name any names. Then last Friday night headed back to the place to get a bottle of red to-go, and some trash mosh pit kind of group was playing, I couldn't get away from that, it's not my scene. I feel like those shows ruin my special hang-out. It's usually so hippie and peaceful.

DEAD & COMPANY | SHORELINE | 7/2/18

It was a little odd. I can't tell you how many times I'd see the Grateful Dead at Shoreline. I was there for the last time Jerry played there. I was there the last time the Grateful Dead played there. and I had seen the Grateful Dead at Levis for their "Last performance". So in a lot of ways, it was nostalgic and sad.

But the show was great. In many ways better than the Levis show.

View attachment 898

Was this some kind of cover band? I went to the Further Festival when I was 17 or 18.

Here's a Diggin' Dirt song I like.

They're coming back to town next month, but I'll have to pay to see them at a bar. I guess in a couple of years I'll be able to say I saw them in the uni quad, and people will be like NOOO, because they just paid over 100 bucks to see them in a stadium.

That happened to me with band Interpol, true story. Not the uni quad, but a small, cheaper show in Vegas before they began touring big time.

I went to a metal show that featured a bunch of bands. The headliner was Eluveitie, a Swiss folk metal band. It was great. The mix of instruments like the flute and bagpipes with the aggressive drums, vocals and guitars was quite a sight. I loved it.

I have been to very few concerts in my lifetime other then church christmas concerts. Let's see if I can remember the last one... I believe it was Bruce Springstein who I have seen 3 times, nope, I am wrong, I saw Iggy Pop in Toronto and absolutely despised it (not my type of music or concert) so then The Boss and before that The Rankin Family and before that was Cliff Richard, and the first one was Hall and Oats.

I actually was invited to and my friend had tickets for the Led Zeppelin concert that Jon Bonham died just before, it would I think, have sent my life in a completely different direction if I had attended. Which reminds me that I also saw Burton Cummings in concert at my college and also ran a dance where the band was Teenage Head.

Emma JC