What type of vegetarian are you?

What type of vegetarian are you?

• I'm not a vegetarian (but transitioning to vegetarian)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • I'm a strict vegetarian / I eat a vegan diet

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I'm a vegan

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • I'm a different type of vegetarian (please tell us what!)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

SummerRain

I dreamed that God would be forgiving.
Reaction score
I'm just curious about what percentage of our forum are considering vegetarianism/vegetarian/vegan/etc, I'm not sure if this has been asked before. :)

The poll is not public (you can't see who voted what) but comment if you want to share/discuss/give more info :D

I'm mostly a strict vegetarian, who wants to keep the option open for the odd bit of food with egg or dairy, although having had a rare Belgian bun the other week, I think I'm moving away from wanting to keep the option, at least regarding dairy...I want to be able to eat things like the Better Bunny sweets, that use bee's wax for polish.

I'm vegan now but I was vegetarian for 13 years and I just called myself a vegetarian, not any of these other weird definitions I read about.:p

I don't know what I am. To be honest, I gave up labeling myself. I started out vegetarian 9 years ago and remained that way for a year, then went strict vegan (diet-wise) until about a year ago. I do not cook with or eat dairy/eggs but want the option of having a veggie burger or a piece of bread whenever I eat out without having to worry if either had egg/dairy in it. I also want the option of having a Quorn chicken patty when I can't get a vegan option. I thought I would call myself a strict vegetarian but seems like that is incorrect now.

If my family and friends feel the need to label me, it's usually as a vegan since I turn down anything they offer me that contains dairy or eggs, but I always remind them that I am not strict enough to be vegan. I don't want to be responsible for adding to the misconceptions.

I guess I am a "doing-the-best-I-can-almost-never-consumes-anything-with-dairy-or-egg-except-for-very-rare-occasions-vegetarian."

It's simplest for me to call myself a lacto-ovo vegetarian. I'm happy to eat vegan when the opportunity presents itself, but I'm fine with dairy and egg, at least for now.

I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian however most of my meals are vegan. Tonight's dinner is 100 % vegan. Lunch was also vegan ; a wholwheat tortilla wrap with a Tofurkey Italian sausage.

The only reason is that it is hard to be vegan 100 % of the time overhere and furthermore if I'm invited to dinner or when travelling, it is virtually impossible not to have a bit of dairy in food.
When I'm in the US or Canada I feel that I could be vegan due to the large variety of vegan food that is available.

Reactions: KLS52 and Amy SF
I don't know what I am. To be honest, I gave up labeling myself. I started out vegetarian 9 years ago and remained that way for a year, then went strict vegan (diet-wise) until about a year ago. I do not cook with or eat dairy/eggs but want the option of having a veggie burger or a piece of bread whenever I eat out without having to worry if either had egg/dairy in it. I also want the option of having a Quorn chicken patty when I can't get a vegan option. I thought I would call myself a strict vegetarian but seems like that is incorrect now.

If my family and friends feel the need to label me, it's usually as a vegan since I turn down anything they offer me that contains dairy or eggs, but I always remind them that I am not strict enough to be vegan. I don't want to be responsible for adding to the misconceptions.

I guess I am a "doing-the-best-I-can-almost-never-consumes-anything-with-dairy-or-egg-except-for-very-rare-occasions-vegetarian."

This for me, too.
I tried going vegan at the beginning of this year, but that ended pretty quickly when I discovered I couldn't buy vegan good tasting, not-too-expensive sandwich bread at my regular grocery stores. My MIL has managed to grasp vegetarian, but has trouble with vegan, so eating with her for holidays and such would be impossible. (She was so proud of herself for making a "vegan" entree especially for me at Easter, but when I asked her the ingredients she got to Parmesan and was very upset. I'd already eaten it, and I didn't think it was worth making a fuss or being miserable over. She tries.)

I do try to avoid eggs more vigorously than I try to avoid dairy.

Additionally, dairy makes my eczema break out on my hands, and recently around my mouth, so on the occasions that I do eat dairy, it's pretty limited.

What type of vegetarian am I?

Bearded.

This one thing I eat once or twice a week, one of those boxed pasta joints (I add Tofurky Italian Sausages or Kielbasa, and pees or corn), has a little bit of dairy in it. Everything else is vegan.

What type of vegetarian am I?

Bearded.

This one thing I eat once or twice a week, one of those boxed pasta joints (I add Tofurky Italian Sausages or Kielbasa, and pees or corn), has a little bit of dairy in it. Everything else is vegan.
Mmmm pees and corn :weird:

Oops.

tumblr_msuoiwf1Oy1qfr6udo1_500.gif

Cute pic. :)
I'm a pesco-pollo-carne-porcine-lacto-ovo-vegetarian myself. :D
I kid. But I'm more of a vegetarian who isn't hyper concerned with trace ingredients- only the obvious ones - I don't stress about sugar source except with bagged sugar, for example. But I won't eat food that lists "gelatin" as an ingredient. Because I'm not about to call up a company and ask if they use vegan sugar o_O and I won't always avoid food with honey if it's the only ingredient keeping it non vegan. :innocent:I usually do, though. I also don't ask if my weed is grown veganically. They probably don't know themselves and I'm guessing veganic weed is rare. I just view it like vegetables and beer. I'm sure the plants that go into making beer usually aren't grown veganically, either.

Last edited: