What to make for family get together

amberfunk

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I have a family get together with non vegans in a couple of weeks. I was going to make crabless dip and bring ritz crackers but I also want to bring something more substantial to eat. I've thought about crabless cakes or lasagna. Any ideas?

Reactions: betiPT
Chili is always a favourite and lasagna or a simple but tasty pasta dish is always a hit and scooped up quickly. Maybe the scoobi doo pasta with cheese sauce which would be equivalent to a mac and cheese and everyone loves that.

I saw a great recipe for silken tofu spinach dip the other day (like the kind people bring in pumpernickel) - if you just google it you will find it also.

Have a Happy New Year with your family! Let us know what you take and how much of a hit it is. :)

Emma JC

Reactions: betiPT
dice, season, and bake some potatoes

slice up some tofurky italian sausage and heat it up in a pan

mix together. EZPZ hash

Reactions: Emma JC
I was going to say make a nice big Potato Salad, but I think everyone else's ideas area better :)

I usually make something substantial so I can have something to eat:sun:

I am making this for a party :party: tomorrow :)

Reactions: Emma JC
Oooh if you are thinking lasagna and willing to buy vegan products, make the Vegan Zombies stuffed shells. They're excellent. Meat eaters and vegetarians like them, because I've tested this recipe on several different people.