News What should the world do about North Korea?

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is playing a dangerous game, and appears willing to do whatever it takes to get what he wants. Meanwhile, the US so-called president is not the most diplomatic of politicians, appears quick to anger and prone to less well thought-out statements. This seems like a dangerous combination of leaders.

What should the world do about North Korea? The options seem to be:
  • Pretend like everything is fine and ignore it.
  • Bomb it back to the stone ages or beyond.
  • Delay action while we invent poisonous robotic bees to take out the entire NK leadership.
What do you think?

Last edited:
The Korean War never officially ended. There was merely a 'cease fire' put into place. Maybe it's time to negotiate a truce?

And while you're creating killer bees to take out Kim, take out Trump too.

Reactions: Amy SF
The immediate problem now is that the war of words is escalating and may spill over into a real war as neither side seems willing to back down. I just read that one expert (a professor in political science) was predicting war within a year.

So unless the robotic killer bees are released soon, there could be a full-scale war which would likely be incredibly destructive.

It's just the worst possible time for someone like trump to be president.

War is going to result in the loss of millions of lives. NK may not yet be able to hit the U.S. with a nuclear missile, but it can certainly hit South Korea, and quite possibly Japan.

And let's not forget that North Koreans are human too, and have already suffered much.

Frankly, I've always favored assassination over war. It should be used on an extremely limited basis, to take out bad actors who present a threat to the lives of millions of people, whether their own or others.

ETA: And yes, I'm aware that we don't currently (AFAIK) have the ability to get close enough to KJU to assassinate him. So, really, I don't know what the answer is wrt NK. Play for time and figure out a way to get KJU and a number of the top people behind him out of the way in order to destabilize the regime, I think.

Last edited:
China could shut NK down in 24 hours if they wanted to

At what price?
24 hours is more than enough time to launch quite a few nuclear missiles and use conventional artillery...

You know, one of the reasons why they would not "want to" is that they might simply be "cowards";), afraid of a few million casualties on their own continent.

I would hate to alarm anyone in the USA but NK is thought to have land based and sea based nuclear weapons, which makes us all vulnerable. And if you look at the numbers of nuclear weapons possessed by the USA and Russia, it seems OTT to point the finger of blame at Rocket Man. Considering that China has by far the biggest population of any country in the world, it is remarkable that they have so few nuclear weapons. Even France has more nuclear weapons than China.
It's all very worrying but I shall still enjoy my Rioja this weekend.

At what price?
24 hours is more than enough time to launch quite a few nuclear missiles and use conventional artillery...

You know, one of the reasons why they would not "want to" is that they might simply be "cowards";), afraid of a few million casualties on their own continent.

I wasn't meaning military , China is about the only country that has substantial links to NK , where is NK getting the technology and cash to develop these weapons . NK needs china more than China needs NK . Although at times , I wonder if China are in the back ground pulling the strings .