What is this thing against Almonds?

Water consumption of almonds soy and oats.
So its not that almonds use less water than cows. It is that they use a lot more water than that oats or soy.

BBC-milk-graphic.png

The other thing to keep in mind is the Life of Bees.
Almond trees need to be fertilized all at about the same time. There are so may almond trees now in California, they have to truck billions of bees to California in February. these bees are truck in semis and the trip is stress full for the bees. Millions of the bees die on the way.

Is there a nut I can have instead of soy or oat or rice?
What about hazelnut? I remember liking that...
The vanilla almond is really good, I cant handle any of the non vanilla milks except perhaps hazelnut (not sure)

The vanilla almond is really good, I cant handle any of the non vanilla milks except perhaps hazelnut (not sure)
What is wrong with soy or oat? There are vanilla versions of both. Silk makes a Very Vanilla which is pretty tasty.
Other options is Silk's Protein Drink. It's a combination of cashew, almond, and pea protein.
Califia Farms has a lot of different kinds too. but they are much harder to find. They make a Protein Oat Plant Milk which is a combination of Peas, Oats, and Sunflowers.
then there s coconut milk.
Hemp milk is pretty good and you can even make it at home.
Sometimes when I run out of soy milk I make banana milk.
in the hard to find category is Spelt milk, pistachio milk, Walnut milk, Macadamia milk, Flax, cashew, hazelnut, quinoa, and sesame.
I would like to try Macadamia milk.

Reactions: Emma JC

Hazelnut, cashew, brazil nut, pistachio & walnut milk.

I usually buy hazelnut & spelt milk. As spelt is naturally sweet is has no added sugar.

Water consumption of almonds soy and oats.
So its not that almonds use less water than cows. It is that they use a lot more water than that oats or soy.

View attachment 24987

The other thing to keep in mind is the Life of Bees.
Almond trees need to be fertilized all at about the same time. There are so may almond trees now in California, they have to truck billions of bees to California in February. these bees are truck in semis and the trip is stress full for the bees. Millions of the bees die on the way.

I am now very glad I prefer oat milk.

What is wrong with soy or oat?
I like nuts? It sounds better to me to use nuts...
There are vanilla versions of both. Silk makes a Very Vanilla which is pretty tasty.
Other options is Silk's Protein Drink. It's a combination of cashew, almond, and pea protein.
Califia Farms has a lot of different kinds too. but they are much harder to find. They make a Protein Oat Plant Milk which is a combination of Peas, Oats, and Sunflowers.
then there s coconut milk.
Hemp milk is pretty good and you can even make it at home.
Sometimes when I run out of soy milk I make banana milk.
in the hard to find category is Spelt milk, pistachio milk, Walnut milk, Macadamia milk, Flax, cashew, hazelnut, quinoa, and sesame.
I wasnt asking what they were, I was asking which ones had the same problems as almonds and if any were better like soy
rice sounds like it could be a good source, lots of different types of rice, I have no idea how they do it, if any bother to be specific about the variety

I know I could find it at Seattle's Vegan Haven 100% grocery store... they do have everything...
I just need to put this scooter thing together lol

oats sound great, idk where to find it
I think you can find Oat milk at almost every grocery store. Its as popular as almond and soy now.

Amazon has several kinds of oat milk in shelf stable redipacks. and they are well priced.

If you were ever tempted to use one of those all vegan grocery stores, oat milk would be good thing to add to your order so you meet the minimum of for free shipping.

and Whole Foods has oat milk. I'm sure there is one near you. and if not they also have a delivery service.

Let us know what you decide to do.

Oh, btw the way, I don't remember the number but I think anything below 3 servings of soy a day is perfectly safe.

I think you can find Oat milk at almost every grocery store. Its as popular as almond and soy now.

Amazon has several kinds of oat milk in shelf stable redipacks. and they are well priced.

If you were ever tempted to use one of those all vegan grocery stores, oat milk would be good thing to add to your order so you meet the minimum of for free shipping.

and Whole Foods has oat milk. I'm sure there is one near you. and if not they also have a delivery service.

Oh, btw the way, I don't remember the number but I think anything below 3 servings of soy a day is perfectly safe.
but where do I draw the line? the dollar tree has vanilla almond and everything else is twice as much and I'm poor

but where do I draw the line? the dollar tree has vanilla almond and everything else is twice as much and I'm poor
Well milk is not a necessity. I just like it because its so convenient.

There are also a lot of ways to make milk at home.

And continuing with almond milk isn't so bad. its still lots better than dairy.

Reactions: JacobEdward
I can definitely hold out for a while until I find oat milk but idk... it feels like this is one among how many things... like how can I justify the excess of my vegan corn dogs other than whatever economic stimulation it would have for the alternatives to the omnivores and blablabla, if you say but its ok because of them then why even have the discussion about almonds?

I can definitely hold out for a while until I find oat milk but idk... it feels like this is one among how many things... like how can I justify the excess of my vegan corn dogs other than whatever economic stimulation it would have for the alternatives to the omnivores and blablabla, if you say but its ok because of them then why even have the discussion about almonds?
Huh?