What is the worst thing about being a vegetarian or a vegan?

Sockpim

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I'd say the worst thing for me at the moment is when it comes into conversation (mainly at work where most of the people in the office are blokes about 20 years older than me) and people ask me to justify why I'm a vegan, but either before or after they give some sh*t response as to why they eat meat/can justify eaiting it.

Reactions: TofuRobot

Sally

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I find it infuriating when I see advertisements for supermarkets where they show idealised farmyards with a few cows and chickens and pigs roaming free. They should either show the reality or nothing. This is surely breaking the laws regarding misleading advertising. Morrisons are the current culprits.

Reactions: Sockpim and Sax

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Just a few months ago I wrote "Or at the taqueria. I get a vegetarian burrito. but have them hold the cheese and sour cream. But I'm still paying for the cheese and sour cream. I feel like I'm not getting my money's worth."

I had just about stopped going out to the Mexican restaurant near my house. I went over there to meet some friends and ordered the vegetarian burrito without cheese or sour cream, like usual. And the waiter said, "If you want we could grill some vegetables instead".

Made my day.