What is the future for online photoshops?

Blobbenstein

Reaction score
You can already use Google to search for a particular image. You provide the URL for an image, and it will check the internet for copies, or similar images....Maybe you can already, but one day you will be able to check the internet for any picture that simply contains a section of a picture, and then if one were aggressively protective of copyright, or generally protecting that image, then maybe one could sue for copyright infringement, or just get that image taken down....
So where does that leave photoshopping which uses various parts of a photo to build a composite..?

I have been wondering this for a while.

If one had a collection of images that one wanted to protect, the I suppose there could be websites that one could use to check the internet and let you know if those images had been used for something.

Just some thoughts.....anyone else do photoshops here? I don't do them as much as I used to.

I don't know much about this, but I would think you would need an insane amount, probably a completely unrealistic amount, of compute power and bandwidth to properly search the entire Internet for similar images? Where does Google have this feature?

If you've copied an image and made alterations to it and then uploaded it somewhere else, I would not be too worried about a "copyright infringement" robot script finding it. And the more alterations, the harder the "similarity search" task gets ...