UK What is it like the be a vegan parent?

AliceRyley

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Strict vegetarian
Hi everyone

I hope you're all keeping safe.

I'm reaching out to anyone in the Greater London area who is a vegan mother and interested in taking part in an online interview with me to share your experience.

I'm am currently carrying out doctoral research on vegan parenting and hoping to speak to a range of vegan mothers at various stages, from pregnancy through to having school aged-children.

I would welcome anyone who might be interested to drop me a line here, or at aryley01@mail.bbk.ac.uk, and I can provide you with more info to see if you or anyone you know would like to take part!

All the best

Alice

Hi, Alice, there is a Facebook group: London vegan Mums: you might connect with some there.

Out of interest why were the fathers excluded in the research?

Hi, Alice, there is a Facebook group: London vegan Mums: you might connect with some there.

Out of interest why were the fathers excluded in the research?

Great, thank you!

Good question. They won't be excluded overall - the research will be taking place in stages over 3 years, with each element trying to stay as close to the experience of the individual as possible rather than aiming for breadth at the outset. The intention is then for the individual experiences to be embedded in wider narratives (including non-vegan ones). So a little later down the line there'll be the inclusion of fathers, I'm just not at that point yet :)

• Informative
Reactions: Blues
I'm not a mother myself, but my friend has a 4/5 year old son and I am impressed with how well she is doing it. She never persuaded her son not to play, or worse, forbade him to do anything like that. She made the letter "real mother", that is, she gave a choice. Despite the fact that the boy is still very young, to be able to use the back room. She explained to him calmly why she does not eat meat, how it works more or less, and Ignacy wants to skip the gels in which there is gelatin because he does not want a pig to suffer because of him.

Hi everyone

I hope you're all keeping safe.

I'm reaching out to anyone in the Greater London area who is a vegan mother and interested in taking part in an online interview with me to share your experience.

I'm am currently carrying out doctoral research on vegan parenting and hoping to speak to a range of vegan mothers at various stages, from pregnancy through to having school aged-children.

I would welcome anyone who might be interested to drop me a line here, or at aryley01@mail.bbk.ac.uk, and I can provide you with more info to see if you or anyone you know would like to take part!

All the best

Alice
Can I ask what the premise of your disseration is? :)