What goes well with apple?

Katrina

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Okay so I made this apple BBQ sauce which I will put onto vegan chicken breasts. I need a side dish and I know that cheddar cheese goes well with apples. But I want my side to be vegan. Would you try to make a vegan cheese sauce for the potatoes? Or would you just make something else? What else would taste good with apples do you think?

If I have fully understood you have made a barbecue apple sauce to go with vegan chick'n style breasts and you want to have a side dish ? Does the sauce have a pronounced apple taste ? Is it more on the sweet side or sour side ?

I was about to say I love apples and hummus but I think I misunderstood your post...you are referring to apples with regard to the sauce for the chicken?

I like to serve spicy potato wedges with bbq style protein plus a nice crunchy salad such as grated carrots, shredded kale, pecans and a light yogurt/mustard sauce.

yeah the sauce has apples and apple butter in it. It is both sweet and sour, mostly sweet. The apple taste isn't that pronounced but it's definitely fruity.

I can see potato wedges working. I have a recipe for vegan parmesan cheese that I could sprinkle on the potatoes. Thanks for the idea!

My idea is to take the usual "apple pie with cheddar cheese" idea and turn it into a savoury main dish, if that makes any sense. I watch a lot of cooking shows, haha.

Reactions: KLS52