What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spicy Vegan Chili in the crock pot. One of my all-time favorites. The leftovers are even better.

Tonight is going to be a warm roast vegie salad, in olive oil, rosemary and garlic dressing, with mixed steamed greens tossed through when serving.

Briam, a Greek recipe.
http://thegreekvegan.com/tourlou-tourlou-briam/
but I actually use Rick Stein's recipe. Boil the potatoes and carrots for 10 minutes then throw them and all other ingredients in the oven (180C) for 50 minutes. You can cut the ingredients up thin or cut them rough. Add anything you like and any Mediterranean spices. I add 2 oxo cubes and 1 tub of passata (tomato sauce).

Having two bean chilli or no chicken soup (no chicken base bouillion, carrots, brown rice and onions). I figured I would have food for a few days.

Baked beans my way.
750 gram can of baked beans, 1 large onion, 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, 1 large capsicum, 1 stick of celery, 1 medium eggplant, 1 zucchini, 2 or 3 large field mushrooms, a cup of whatever green leafy veg I have, ( tonight is spinach ) 1 tsp cajun spice mix and 1 tsp mexican spice mix. A good splash of cooking oil.
Chop all the vegetables up, Over medium heat warm the oil in a large heavy based pot, add the spices, onion, and garlic, stir and cook until aromatic. Add the capsicum and celery cook for 2 or 3 minutes add the mushrooms eggplant and zucchini. Stir well and cook for 5 or 6 minutes. Add the beans and spinach, turn heat to low and cook until the beans are warmed through.
This one is tasty but not very spicy, ( mum won't eat hot foods ) so adding a bit more spice or a fresh chilli is a good option. Taco seasoning mix works well, and Moroccan or middle eastern spice mixes work well too.
I cook this in the morning and then just have to re heat it later.
Serve on it's own, with garlic bread or flat bread. Not bad served over corn chips, or in taco shells. Works poured over a bed of roast vegies or use to fill up capsicums. Makes excellent toasted sandwiches as well.

I made a pizza with olives, chillies, torfuky sausage and sainsburys coconut cheese.

It tasted brill. I did not put too much cheese on it but it was fine.

[GALLERY=media, 241]Homemade pizza. by bratvada posted Apr 4, 2017 at 3:13 PM[/GALLERY]
That Looks amazing! :)

Stroganoff with beefless tips and shirataki noodles.

Whoa! This thread exploded, it's nice to know what everyones been eating ;)

Made some white chilli and it turned out way too watery in texture and taste. I'll have to put it in a pot on the stove and try to fix it.

Steamed potatoes, pumpkin, asparagus, carrots, peas, cabbage, drizzled with a curry sauce.
Dessert for mum is a fruit sorbet, my sorbet is going into a lovely tall glass with some rum.

Had potato and leek soup last night and left overs tonight.

Lentil Cottage Pie for me last night and lunch today was leftovers.

I do lentils, swetcorn and onions in veg stock and mint sauce (i love the extra flavour of the mint but it is optional) until the juice thickens, then add a layer of parship mash and a layer of sweet potato mash, usually do something green on the side, it was broccoli last night.

Tonight i plan to do Kale, Broccolli, Asparagus, Chestnut Muchroom and Pine Nuts in a Wok with some Tamari and Cajan Spice served on top of Quinoa

Yellow curry with potatoes, broccoli and spinach.

I attempted potato onion nooch carrot cheese (yknow what I'm talking about?) for the second time. The first time it was too thick and this time it was too thin but it was pretty awesome. I put down a layer of baby spinach then added whole grain elbow pasta, the sauce, cooked broccoli, extra nooch, salt and ritz cracker crumbles. I was very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.