What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family had brown rice with sauce. They had some crackers on the side. They also had fruit salad.

I sauteed onions with mushrooms, greens, and basil, with a bit of balsamic, and when it was cooked put it on a potato bun with Miyokos cream cheese, black olive and capers.

For "dessert" I mixed a serving of canned pumpkin with black strap molasses, cinnamon, pecan pieces and unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

Gettin creative with the left overs.

Reactions: Emma JC
Stir fry again. this time with string beans.

What do you guys think, Is it really necessary to cut the tips off the string beans?

Stir fry again. this time with string beans.

What do you guys think, Is it really necessary to cut the tips off the string beans?

Necessary? no.... makes for a better eating experience, imo. o_O

Emma JC

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I made possibly the biggest batch of potato carrot cashew cheese to date.

I ate a portion of it on small, warm corn tortillas, topped with summer squash, red onion and greens that I sauteed with some tamari and black pepper.

I may try my hand at fava beans tomorrow. I'm frightened. Not just because I've never made them before, but Hannibal Lector might show up.

Tonight is Instant Pot Split Pea Soup - I can smell it now as it is almost ready.

3 stalks celery, 2 carrots, 1/2 parsnip, 2 potatoes, 2 large onion, 2 cups rinsed split yellow peas, some paprika, cumin, garlic powder, pepper, bay leaves, 8 cups water, 25 minutes on High Pressure.

mmmmm I'm so rumbly in my tumbly << said Pooh ?

Emma JC

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I unbelievably came home from work and made vegan fried chicken from scratch.

First I made some homemade seitan, and allowed it to cool for a while.

Later I cut part of it into nuggets and dipped it in water mixed with yellow mustard, and rolled it in a dry mixture of chickpea flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and baking powder.

It turned out pretty well. I wonder what it would be like baked.

I also had an assortment of fruit - watermelon slice, half a ruby red grapefruit - a slice of bread and some tortilla chip pieces stirred into salsa, and a cup of hemp milk during the several hours it took to actually make the nuggets.

Lol. What a weird day.

More taco salad like I had for lunch, with more avocado and tomato and less lettuce this time. Also a repeat of the smoothie I had Friday night.

I had another broccoli and mushroom stir fry over rice. but instead of using Tofu I tried LightLife meat less savory chicken tenders. I can't remember why I bought it but I'm glad I did cause I had inadvertently run out of tofu.

Taste wise it was fine but it is hard to judge in a stir fry. Nutrient-wise its pretty good except for the sodium. Its main ingredient is wheat gluten.

pizza - whole grain flatbread for the crust - pizza sauce, tempeh facon, pineapple, mushrooms, green olives, green onions, japapeno and a tiny bit of fake cheeze..... mmmmm

Emma JC

Reactions: TofuRobot
Dinner was very simple:

Vegetables: broccoli, pickles, a small amount of sunflower seeds, Cos lettuce and some whole grain bread. Simply flavored, too, with just salt and white pepper. Edit: tomatoes too.

Impressed? Of course you aren't. :)

Ready to lecture me on calories? Well here's why you shouldn't:

I didn't specify amounts, although it was small.
I had quite a large breakfast that was unnecessarily large esp given I drank some alcohol last night and wasn't especially hungry for breakfast
Lunch had a fair amount of calories from fat

again @wonderfularizona - consider source as with other tag.

Last edited:
Reactions: TofuRobot
Soup - potatoes, carrot, sunflower seeds, onion, garlic, salt, rosemary, white pepper. Cooked then blended. Red wine a little later.

I enjoyed my sauteed mish-mash of sliced portobello mushroom, broccoli, asparagus, Gardein beefless ground, and cooked couscous in a little low sodium organic tamari sauce. Really delish.

Last night I made yellow split pea soup in the Instant Pot and I am still having issues with the peas not cooking completely despite cooking it for 25 minutes on high. I am beginning to wonder if it isn't all the veggies that I add and that the salt content from those veggies is preventing the peas from cooking properly. I do tend to throw in the all but the kitchen sink (which drives my honey crazy). Celery, carrots, onions, potatoes, parsnip, turnip and last night some green beans also. A bit of garlic powder, cumin and paprika along with the bay leaves. If anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening I would be grateful to receive them. Next time I may just try the peas by themselves.

Emma JC

I went to the farmer's market today and returned with a bounty!

I cooked spinach, carrot tops, fresh torn basil, a half pound of mushrooms and zucchini in just a touch of water, a drizzle of tamari, and a splash of balsamic vinegar.

I also roasted potatoes, carrots and onions in the lightest spray of oil.

I enjoyed it with fresh local olive bread. I'll have left overs for two days.

Same with the dessert of local strawberries, Gravenstein apple and pluots tossed with a light drizzle of agave syrup, which could potentially double as a breakfast.

Gotta make up for those Beyond Burgers and Field Roast sausages I ate. Lord knows some rich privileged journalist with body image issues might be breathing down my neck, wondering how healthy of a vegan I am.

No posts in this thread for almost a month...wow.

"White Hot dogs" on whole wheat with a homemade picante sauce and wombok cabbage.

White hot dogs are a mixture of boiled potatoes(wet), oat flour, sunflower seed flour, Italian herbs, salt(dry). Basically the dry ingredients are mixed with the potatoes until semi-dry then rolled into tubes and gently cooked. I made a bunch for the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.