What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early dinner so I may have something else a little later - a Veggie patty sub (Vegan in Australia) from Subway.

Then I got an idea for ice cream -water, pinto beans (pre soaked, then cooked from frozen, along with dates, a little raw sugar, banana (including peel), cacao powder and some salt.

So far it's a delicious pudding - however last time I tried freezing something similar (using coconut cream) it basically became a block of ice. Do I need an emulsifier of some sort to get a creamy texture when freezing? If so, anyone know of any whole food ones that will work?

A few hours after lunch I realized that my chocolate pinto bean/date/flax ice cream wasn't enough - so I had some tater tots, a high fiber sough dough bread with low sodium vegemite, and Cos lettuce. It was enough to basically be my dinner, because it's a few hours later and I'm not hungry at all.

I have recently turned vegan. Took a while for me to become fully committed. This was partly down to the fact that I struggled to find the time to organise myself properly. I have found that powdered food has been a life saver!

Had a Boca burger on a whole wheat bun. Lettuce, tomato, pickles, aioli, ketchup, and a slice of vegan mozzarella. For a side I had a half cup of sesame sticks.
For dessert, I had a smoothie. Soy milk yogurt, fresh pineapple, frozen banana, soy milk, ground flax seed and a half scoop of vanilla protein powder.

Dinner was my second meal of today, at 4:30pm, after breakfast which was at around 9am. I loaded up on brown rice (cooked from pre-soaked and frozen), tater tots, Cos lettuce, tomato, some onion and garlic dried spice, and apple cider vinegar and soy sauce to taste.

My homemade whole wheat flat wraps with the green mustard from lunch, scrambled tofu, Cos lettuce, pickles and a bit of unsweetened tomato sauce.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Pretty much my go to dinner recently.
Tofu, Broccoli, mushroom stirfry with a little teriyaki sauce and steamed brown rice.

BTW, i have totally converted to Super Firm Tofu. It may be more expensive but you're not paying for water that you then have to go to the trouble to get rid of. And this probably sounds stupid but I really appreciate the savings in time and effort of not getting water out of tofu. Plus not having soggy tofu.

My family had oatmeal for dinner. I mixed in some raisins and lots of fresh pineapple chunks. It tasted really good. I fed four people for less than $3.

Smokey Tofu sandwiches:

Whole wheat bread, tofu with liquid smoke*, hash browns, Cos lettuce, purple onion unsweetened tomato sauce, green mustard**

* Tofu was slow cooked in a pan under a lid with liquid smoke on each slice. Actually I left it a little long and it became
somewhat crispy. Made me think of thread here: "Baked tofu not crispy?"

** Pepitas, black mustard seed, both soaked, with a little onion, salt and apple cider vinegar - all well blended.

They were very tasty. All they needed was some pickle slices (I'm out) and some alfalfa sprouts to make them true deli style sandwiches - with xtra hashbrowns hehe

Dinner was cooked veggie patties on whole wheat bread -

Patty: Rolled oats (as flour), mashed potatoes, water, crushed flax seed, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, white pepper, parsley, liquid smoke

+ Cos lettuce, ketchup (tomato sauce with raw sugar), pickle slices, purple onion

Last night was our usual Saturday Night Pasta Extravaganza - Olio Alio. So delicious.

I did see this YouTube video yesterday and thought everyone might find it interesting. What the plant-based doctors eat for dinner...

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou
I won't eat it until later but I'm making enough homemade split pea soup with carrots, onions, potato and rosemary to have for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow, probably with some bulgar--quinoa grain mix.

Reactions: Emma JC
I demand to know your recipe !!!

Please share !

@Tomas - it is unlikely you will receive a response from @VitaminV so I will respond instead.

Chili is all of your favourite things with chili powder added. :rolleyes:

Onions, garlic, celery, carrots (plus any other vegetables you have lying around that need to be eaten), then a can or two or whatever beans you love, plus a can or two of diced tomatoes, then add the spices (same as any chili recipe you have or google), don't forget to add frozen corn, any extra coffee you have around, some sugar, and anything else that just tastes great. Zucchini, bell peppers, jalapenos.... mmmmm. Maybe I should go and make some right now.

Show us a picture of yours when you make it!

Emma JC

For dinner I got the ingredients to make homemade veggie mini pizzas on English muffins. I'll be trying Violife cheese for the very first time!

Reactions: Emma JC
mmmm pizza - us too with Fieldroast Chipotle Sausage and Earth Balance shreds, mushrooms, green olives, red onion....

almost ready, ding! ?
?
Emma JC

Last night's dinner was my super simple and delicious 'Bean Dip Dinner'. In a small casserole dish, with a lid, I deposit one large chopped onion, chopped jalapeno and chopped bell pepper (sometimes a small chopped zucchini except the Mr complains when I do), three tablespoons of chunky salsa and a can of refried beans. Mix it all together thoroughly, and then put a few sliced olives on top. Put on the lid and put in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or so until it is bubbling. Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of cheeze on top and scoop it up with tortilla chips.

Emma JC

Status
Not open for further replies.