What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 whole bananas (including skin (washed)) as a smoothie with a little raw sugar and cacao powder. Also a rather large serving of steamed broccoli with soaked pepitas, with mixed in mustard powder, salt and this combo of BBQ grill spices.

Snacks during day:

-homemade chickpea nuts

-Coffee with raw sugar and Tahini

I sauteed lots of mushrooms and onions in olive oil and red wine vinegar with sweet basil and Cuban oregano, dumped in half a can of diced tomatoes, added salt, pepper, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper. Then I tossed penne pasta in kalamata olive spread before mixing it all together.

I also had a cup of my roommates sweetened vanilla soy milk. I usually drink plain unsweetened so I marveled that it tasted like a vanilla milkshake to me.

I was pretty hungry because I ended up only having one (instead of two) baked potatoes for lunch, and I skipped the fruit entirely. Though I may have the banana or orange later if I need a snack.

Reactions: hopeful
I had a very weird dinner.

I prepared a huge batch of potato and carrot cashew cheese for the week, so I sampled quite a bit from the blender before I cleaned it. Plus, I got carried away with how many potatoes I cooked, so I ended up eating the equivalent of a baked potato with a little carrot with Miyoko's vegan butter (a guy who is in love with my roommate left it here a few days ago, so we got this tasty treat for free!) ...after eating cashew cheese and Miyoko's, I felt a need to eat something green and uncooked, so I had a handful of raw broccoli florets. And some soy milk. And another of those lovely Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter cups.

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
I'm going to have vegan mac 'n cheese tonight with my fave homemade cashew cheese. I'm boiling the potatoes and carrots now, and soaking the cashews. I might add some broccoli.

And some beer.

Reactions: Emma JC and hopeful
A school sandwich with "house made" red-pepper hummus, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, and slices of avocado, salted, on whole grain bread.

I love that my school has vegan sandwiches to-go. Even if they cost a million dollars and I shouldn't buy them EVAR.

Simple brown basmati rice with crumbled tofu marinaded in a tomato/garlic/onion/salt sauce. The brown basmati was cooked quick from previously soaked (overnight) rice that I froze for storage. Mixed in some Cos (Romaine) lettuce after cooking and prior to consumption.

Baked potatoes with lots of plain unsweetened almond yogurt as "sour cream", salt, pepper, dried scallions, and a lil Chipotle Tabasco. Plus a handful of walnuts, and a serving of raw broccoli florets.

Reactions: Lou and Emma JC
Tacos: Homemade whole wheat wraps

Stuffed with: Vegetable hash browns, homemade “re-fried” pinto beans ( pinto beans, onion, garlic, cumin, salt) , Cos lettuce, tomato, radish, onion, mushroom, some home brewed apple cider vinegar and salt.

I had something very similar for lunch (minus the pinto beans)

Status
Not open for further replies.