What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tater tots (the ones above plus more made previously) with salsa :yum. Chickpea nuts

Reactions: betiPT
Hey @Emma JC ,

Did you roast the Brussels sprouts and then drizzle with reduced balsamic like Chef AJ does, sooooo yum! :party:

No, I tend to just put lemon juice on my green veggies most of the time, occasionally I will do them in a frying pan with a bit of the balsamic as the saute juice. All good either way.

Emma JC

Meals today:

Breakfast: Nothing except water and a little coffee with whole date syrup. I drank too much beer after dinner and it completely obliterated hunger for the entire morning. Woke up at 8am with energy and didn’t eat lunch until after 1pm.

Lunch: Salad: Cabbage and Iceburg lettuce, generous amounts of broccoli, pumpkin seeds, tomato, red onion, and a sauce made from fresh garlic, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar and water.

Late afternoon snack: Couple pieces of Wholegrain toast with vegemite, chickpea nuts

Dinner: Nixtamalized Basmati brown rice, red onion (these don’t carmalize so well I’ve noticed) and garlic, sauteed mushroom slices, teryaki sauce and salt.

Really itching to get back to work. Holiday break has been too long, I play a lot of music and have composed some during the period, but that and surfing the net and getting better acquainted with Bash just wasn’t enough.

Other than those activities and a little gardening I’ve been bored out of my skull and hitting the beer harder than normal. When I’m working I can’t do that.

Ripe plums from my tree again. Counted this time: 17 :laughing: I was planning on tater tots and even got so far as to parboil the potatoes and thought I'd have a snack before. Now I'm not hungry, hehe (no alcohol day also - and none yesterday)

I also put in everything I ate today in correct amounts into cronometer. Interesting. Was shy on some nutrients (and I don't count their calcium RDA-which I think is a USDA influenced and exaggerated), but a few others. Vit C 145%, VitA 169%, Folate 99%, iron 120%, fiber 110%. Protein 45.4 (only 31% but think this requirement exaggerated too). According to this app, my energy is only at 62% for the entire day, but I don't *feel* tired at all.

Last night was Field Roast Chipotle Sausages with sweet potato and white potato wedges and a side of bok choy with lemon juice.

The sausages were okay, maybe a once every 3 month meal, not terribly impressed.

Emma JC

Plums! I stopped counting after about 12.

Holy moly. I was watching this Frutarian channel (can't remember which now) and he suggested that people who use alcohol regularly may (not are, depending on reason for drinking) not eating enough fruit. The reason didn't satisfy me but I decided to try it. I have never eaten this much fruit. More after becoming vegan, but still only a relatively small amount.

Eating this many plums in one sitting makes my whole body feel warm, relaxed and very similar to being pleasantly, but not overly, inebriated. Fruitarian philosophy (some of it, anyway) I see as a little out there, and some absurd, but this actually is working.

Going to be making a queso dip similar to the one I found at Aldi's which is now sold out. Waiting on the almonds to soak first. After it's made going to make a huge plate of nachos with it and some mashed black beans that I made last week.

Dinner was whole wheat pasta, with broccoli, soaked pumpkin seeds, nutritional yeast, garlic and onion powders, and salt.

Gif below shows NUT – a free utility for nutrient tracking.

What you see is what I ate today. There’s a few things missing that I didn’t include in it – the salt, nutritional yeast, garlic and onion powders – mainly because I didn’t measure them. Also whole date syrup was part of my breakfast with coffee but I neglected to mention that in the Breakfast thread today. Would have been more food but I did drink some beer last night.

*Also chickpeas are listed as raw (as they were made into nuts) for reasons of weight measurement (cooked versions include water weight). (They were soaked, then cooked then slow-cooked/dried into nuts – I didn’t include the flavoring I used with them either)

*Note – yeast extract spread that is standard doesn’t include the B12 amount that is included in the one I use, so that amount is higher than shown.

giphy.gif

Last night I made a Soup - hmmmm not sure what to call it other than Soup because it had almost everything in it and so sometimes we call that Stoup (stew soup). Onions, garlic, carrots, celery, zucchini, peeled stalks of broccoli, fresh red chili peppers, can of tomatoes, can of chick peas, lasagna sheets broken into pieces, veggie stock, chinese broccoli (gai lan) leaves and stalk basically everything we like went in. :confused:

It was delicious with a side of fresh baked bread dipped in.

Emma JC

Dinner was very similar to lunch, sandwiches on wholewheat again, and again with hash brown patties, iceberg lettuce, ketchup, mustard, minus the tomato slices but added tofu strips and some pickle. Also with more corn nuts. I also made an ice coffee with tahini. If I’m hungry later I’ll have plums and/or more corn nuts.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Status
Not open for further replies.