What’s the worst anti-vegan internet/real-life troll

Rory17

Forum Legend
Reaction score
What’s the worst anti-vegan internet/real-life troll you have ever come across?

Please, let’s just have a good laugh here.

Veganite

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I've seen some pretty bad trolls over the years, but not really a lot here on this site. I was trolled personally on one site I moderated on. It was very nasty. They followed me to another site I belonged to, which was totally unrelated to the other site. They joined with the specific purpose to troll me, personally. They tracked me there because I used the same user name back then. They were angry because I had called them out on the other site for trolling in general. Anyhow, they fooled me pretty darn good. It was devious to say the least.

I can't remember the last person to post some nasty carnivore related attack here. It really doesn't happen all that often, fortunately.

• Sad
Reactions: Blues
OP
OP
R

Rory17

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I've seen some pretty bad trolls over the years, but not really a lot here on this site. I was trolled personally on one site I moderated on. It was very nasty. They followed me to another site I belonged to, which was totally unrelated to the other site. They joined with the specific purpose to troll me, personally. They tracked me there because I used the same user name back then. They were angry because I had called them out on the other site for trolling in general. Anyhow, they fooled me pretty darn good. It was devious to say the least.

I can't remember the last person to post some nasty carnivore related attack here. It really doesn't happen all that often, fortunately.

There are some right idiots that target vegans and veggies though, aren’t there? 😉

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I used to hear all kinds of stuff at Yahoo! Answers but I can no longer remember them.

But just in order to say Something... The livestock industry suing Oprah for disparaging beef might be a good example

• Haha
Reactions: digitarian

Veganite

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
There are some right idiots that target vegans and veggies though, aren’t there? 😉

Yes, of course there are and likely always will be. Fortunately, there are not many on the forum. Most of the non-vegan "idiots" I meet are in real life...not online. Even that isn't that common here on the west coast of Canada. We have a huge vegan community here and more and more vegan restaurants are popping up all the time.

At the end of the day the positive far outweighs any negativity I experience as a vegan. With just about whatever you do there will always be haters.

I try to be patient with non-vegans. After all I was one, once. My worst experiences are usually at family gatherings. They are most likely to make cheap comments about how I like to live my own life. Family can be like that though I think for many people.

My goal is to not push anything on anyone. Most people are curious enough to ask. If they ask, well then I will do my best to educate them to the best of my own knowledge. I love food, so for me talking about food is something I can get behind. I try to get people excited about vegan food.

D

digitarian

youtube has a nice bunch of them. One person called me a communist after I said I was vegan because 'they didn't know any other insults to throw at me'.

If you want to see vegan trolls, just visit the 'vegan world' server on discord - there the vegan trolls admit themselves and tell everyone they're waiting for some action. have fun!

Reactions: Stardust1986

Stardust1986

Forum Devotee
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Yes, of course there are and likely always will be. Fortunately, there are not many on the forum. Most of the non-vegan "idiots" I meet are in real life...not online. Even that isn't that common here on the west coast of Canada. We have a huge vegan community here and more and more vegan restaurants are popping up all the time.

At the end of the day the positive far outweighs any negativity I experience as a vegan. With just about whatever you do there will always be haters.

I try to be patient with non-vegans. After all I was one, once. My worst experiences are usually at family gatherings. They are most likely to make cheap comments about how I like to live my own life. Family can be like that though I think for many people.

My goal is to not push anything on anyone. Most people are curious enough to ask. If they ask, well then I will do my best to educate them to the best of my own knowledge. I love food, so for me talking about food is something I can get behind. I try to get people excited about vegan food.

The only bad experience I had was with my boss, people notice when you wont eat something brought in to work, like pizza. He said he doesnt give a sh** about animals, and bragged about killing deer with hunting knives. Everyone else was just concerned about protein and health

Stardust1986

Forum Devotee
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
youtube has a nice bunch of them. One person called me a communist after I said I was vegan because 'they didn't know any other insults to throw at me'.

If you want to see vegan trolls, just visit the 'vegan world' server on discord - there the vegan trolls admit themselves and tell everyone they're waiting for some action. have fun!
Lol, a communist?

• Agree
Reactions: digitarian