Well hello dere.

Reaction score
Hey everyone :)
Chelsea sent me over here and I'm so happy!

I could give a huge backstory of my life, but honestly there's so much silly drama in there that I'd rather this just be a fresh start here.

My name is Christina. I'm 26. I'm happily married to my soulmate, PJ. We will have been married for two years this September, and I'm unbelievably happy! I have two children from my previous marriage. Jacob will be 6 in October, and Summer will be 4 in September. Also on October 1st my youngest, Owen, will be turning 1! Time has gone by so fast!

I work as the manager at a small local organic market and in my spare time I'm certifying to become a birth doula. I also AM a doula, certifying isn't necessary to practice, but yea...still going through that process to be more "legit."

I became vegetarian at age 11 and then went vegan at 18. I had some bumps here and there until I was 23 and sadly gave up. I was battling a lot of depression, and while I don't consider that an excuse, it is a part of my life and it led me to where I am today so I don't regret it.

I'm still struggling my way back to veganism. I eat vegan a good 98% of the time, but there is still the 2% of dairy and meats that I'm working out of my diet. I decided to go more gradually this time in an attempt to avoid those bumps from transitioning last time. My goal is to eat a good portion raw, hoping for about 75-80% or more if I feel optimal, but I see that as a more long term goal.

Anyway, so that's me.
It's nice to see a lot of people here that I have known for a while on that other board, you guys are great! So happy to be here!

Thanks for the warm welcoming so far guys. For those on that other my username there was...well, I changed it way too often. I was SheThrowsDown for the most part.

Anyways thanks again :)

Welcome, welcome!
bye.gif

I know I'm bumping an old post, but I kind of went MIA for a bit as I was working at my business <3. Just saying I'm back and now I am proud to say I'm up to a good 99% vegan. The only time I have really not adhered to it was on my wedding anniversary I ate some ravioli in a sundried tomato cream sauce at a restaurant :).

Anyways I'm so happy to be back, I really need the communion of other veg-heads!!

Welcome back! Sometimes taking a break from online forums can be a good thing. (Or so I've heard, I never actually tried it myself :) )