We Need a Goodbye Thread

I am really sorry you feel this way. As a long time member of the predecessors to this forum, I have seen a lot. I find that avoiding the threads that upset me is the best policy. I have enjoyed "meeting" you and I hope you reconsider. Of course one has to do what is best for one's own peace of mind.

I don't fare well on many internet forums because I find certain attitudes intolerable. Until today I had enjoyed this forum very much but now I think it is time to say goodbye to everybody.
NOOOOOOO. We like you. We need you! :rose:
There certainly are intolerable attitudes here, and I don't understand why they're here when it's obvious they're only being unpleasant and not contributing any kind of intelligent debate, only dissention.

I hope you reconsider. While I don't want to see bans implemented I also hate when people butt in just to disrupt. :hmm:

There's such a difference in having different opinions and discussing them amongst each other, and another to spout vitriol.
Don't let the vitriol push you away!

I don't fare well on many internet forums because I find certain attitudes intolerable. Until today I had enjoyed this forum very much but now I think it is time to say goodbye to everybody.
We don't like the same attitudes either, and if people like you start leaving, other people like you will leave. Don't let the 'attitudes' :medusa: win.

You do what you must.
But if you'll ever change your mind, know that you are most welcome.

Brian, you can use the ignore button if you wish. It's like magic and anybody you wish to ignore, disappears like magic ! o_O

Please do keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. We are all in this boat together and need to comfort each other.💝

In my experience such threads would be used for "swan songs" ( drama ).

I think it is better if someone is being offensive to try to engage them and tell them so. That and report the post to the admins.

I read a post form a bigot ageist ignoramus this morning and did just that.

I know how you feel.

I'm sorry you will be leaving.

I can't block people because I'm too fricking curious.
I was close to using the block feature for the very first time this morning but couldn’t do it for just this reason. I might put the thread on ignore though, at least for a little while.

Gosh, I didn't think a vegan forum would have a negative side, aren't people who come on this forum mostly aligned with vegetarianism/veganism? This sure took me by surprise...

I'm a newbie here but I also hope that you stay, it's always nice to see another fellow vegan:)