[WARNING: Graphic Images] Why the YULIN Dog Meat Festival ISN'T A BIG DEAL

Bite Size Vegan

Vegan Fruit-Ninja
Reaction score

The Yulin dog eating festival sparks enragement and controversy every year with a strong global outcry for its banishment. But, in all honesty, is it really that bad? How is it any different than what every other country is doing every single day? Why are people SO upset over the consumption of dogs over any other animal? In this video I give you my own perspectives.

Reactions: Danielle
Well, I'd rather have people outraged over this than not outraged. People who don't care about this will never care about any animal being slaughtered.

Also, could we have a warning about the type of image we'll see if we even click on this thread?

Actually it IS a big deal. Animals needlessly being killed is a ******* big deal. Any animals. I know what your point is (why aren't we outraged about pigs, chickens and cows as well?) - but the title of this video sucks. In my opinion, the better angle would be to utilize people's outrage rather than downplay it.

Actually it IS a big deal. Animals needlessly being killed is a ****ing big deal. Any animals. I know what your point is (why aren't we outraged about pigs, chickens and cows as well?) - but the title of this video sucks. In my opinion, the better angle would be to utilize people's outrage rather than downplay it.

I agree. When something like this dog slaughter is brought up, I say, "It IS terrible. Actually, it was something similar to this that caused me to go vegetarian. I saw a photo of a meat market with dog corpses hanging along side other animals, and I was sickened by it. Then, as I thought more about it, I realized I was eating animals just as intelligent and feeling as, dogs. That's when I stopped eating pigs, and then cows, and then all the other animals."

Reactions: Dedalus
Horrifying. :(I think humans have a hierarchy in their mind about which animals they care about. Most people in the UK care about the welfare of dogs even though it doesn't make a great deal of sense if they eat meat.

Well, I'd rather have people outraged over this than not outraged. People who don't care about this will never care about any animal being slaughtered.
Also, could we have a warning about the type of image we'll see if we even click on this thread?

much agreed- though i wish they'd make that final leap. and sorry about the image- the video itself is entirely non-graphic.

Actually it IS a big deal. Animals needlessly being killed is a ****ing big deal. Any animals. I know what your point is (why aren't we outraged about pigs, chickens and cows as well?) - but the title of this video sucks. In my opinion, the better angle would be to utilize people's outrage rather than downplay it.

I'm hoping to play off their outrage, not downplay it. sadly the way to get people to watch a video typically is some bit of sensation, something I'm not a huge fan of implementing...but i do play the game to a certain extent in hopes that it will reach people. but i do appreciate the feedback and take it very seriously

I agree. When something like this dog slaughter is brought up, I say, "It IS terrible. Actually, it was something similar to this that caused me to go vegetarian. I saw a photo of a meat market with dog corpses hanging along side other animals, and I was sickened by it. Then, as I thought more about it, I realized I was eating animals just as intelligent and feeling as, dogs. That's when I stopped eating pigs, and then cows, and then all the other animals."

that's a nice way to move into it

Horrifying. :(I think humans have a hierarchy in their mind about which animals they care about. Most people in the UK care about the welfare of dogs even though it doesn't make a great deal of sense if they eat meat.

very true...

I see their outrage as them pointing fingers at other people, while doing the same thing to other species. It makes no sense. One minute they're all rawr I'm a predator, the next they're saying that it's wrong to eat dogs. Yes, of course it is. It's just annoying that they don't see that they are supporting the same thing.

Reactions: Bite Size Vegan
I see their outrage as them pointing fingers at other people, while doing the same thing to other species. It makes no sense. One minute they're all rawr I'm a predator, the next they're saying that it's wrong to eat dogs. Yes, of course it is. It's just annoying that they don't see that they are supporting the same thing.
well said.