Wanted: More stewards and forum moderators! And more ...

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Things are going well here on VV: Thanks to @#Pickle Juice# we've got lots of different styles, and @#Alice-Bee# has provided us with additional graphics. We're approaching 50,000 posts and at the moment we're near the top of page 2 for the google search "vegetarian forum". Initially we weren't even on the map, then page 4, then page 3 and now page 2. But I want to be on page 1!

So what can be done? More minions! :)

This time around I'm going to be a bit more vague and less specific. I know I definitely need someone to help out with the vegan and vegetarian forums. Also, the recipe section is high priority. If you see a forum or other area you think you'd like to help with, claim it! As before, the stewarding is mainly about starting new and interesting topics. The moderating bit is about peacekeeping and maintenance work.

Another area where I'm still hoping for additional resources is social media. There are a couple of good "photoshoppers" here. Maybe you'd like to add a clever tag line and turn your works into lolfeed for the FB crowd and at the same time help spread the word? Or maybe you have a talent for writing funny tweets on twitter?

Do you have a talent for writing on topics relevant to veg*ns? Would you like to get something published here on VV?

I'm also starting to think about finding someone suitable as co-admin. Qualifications are perhaps less important than enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

If you already help out in one way or another, but would like a different or additional assignment, that's okay too.

If you're interested, please post here or send me a message.

I am more than happy to help and provide any graphics for VV. As long as I can fit it in my schedule. I love VV and feel like this is the best forum Ive ever been on for anything not just Vegan advice!
:D

This time around I'm going to be a bit more vague and less specific. I know I definitely need someone to help out with the vegan and vegetarian forums. Also, the recipe section is high priority. If you see a forum or other area you think you'd like to help with, claim it! As before, the stewarding is mainly about starting new and interesting topics. The moderating bit is about peacekeeping and maintenance work.

I'd like to volunteer to be a Steward for the current events/debate forum, if that isn't already filled.

I am more than happy to help and provide any graphics for VV. As long as I can fit it in my schedule. I love VV and feel like this is the best forum Ive ever been on for anything not just Vegan advice!
:D
Aw, you are too kind!

I'd like to volunteer to be a Steward for the current events/debate forum, if that isn't already filled.
Thanks for the offer! It is filled already, I'm afraid ...

I love cooking and am always looking for for new and innovative ideas. I've only been a veg* for a year so this is quite an adventure for me.

I certainly am willing to help but don't want to 'claim' the section.:p

I'll be the sous chef IS !:D

When I search Google for 'vegetarian forum' you are the second result on Page 1!!!
I was going to say you need to make sure you log out of your google account before you do the search, but then I tried it myself and got the same result! But then I tried again in Firefox instead of Chrome, and then we're at the bottom of page 2 :(
maybe that is google filter bubbling, or whatever they call that.
Eh yep, just what I was going to say, a clear case of filter bubbling, if ever there was one! :)

It seems to vary quite a bit by country as well. When I search "vegetarian forum" from google.no (the default google page in Norway), we show up first on page 9 I think .....

Obviously, the searches I did before was from google.co.uk. I'd have to fake my IP to use the actual google.com, not sure if that one is different.

yahooing 'vegetarian forum' gets VV second on page 7......I don't really use yahoo, so maybe there isn't a filter bubble on that?

yahooing 'vegetarian forum' gets VV second on page 7......I don't really use yahoo, so maybe there isn't a filter bubble on that?
Yeah, and page 6 on bing.com. I haven't done anything to try and optimise VV for those search engines. I'll look into it when I find the time.

It seems to vary quite a bit by country as well. When I search "vegetarian forum" from google.no (the default google page in Norway), we show up first on page 9 I think .....

Obviously, the searches I did before was from google.co.uk. I'd have to fake my IP to use the actual google.com, not sure if that one is different.

I did a Google uk search (my IP is French) and Veggieboards came up on the 1st page. We came up on Page 7.

I than did a Google search on Fr and had the same result for the other forum and we didn't come up at all.