Waking up tired

Grayveggie

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
I go to bed tired AND wake up tired??? Could it just be the stress I'm under all the time? Am I lacking vitamins? I get plenty of sleep. I just bought one of those beds with the memory foam mattress hoping that helps some? I have read that extreme stress can actually make you physically sick. Is this true???

Might be just low Iron or maybe B12 deficiency , just go to a DR and get a blood test .

Yes stress can make you ill

I always wake up tired. This morning I woke up really super tired and half asleep. But I had my workout scheduled so it was like a zombie workout, was barely awake while it was happening.

Stress can definitely cause you to feel physically ill.
You may think you are getting plenty of sleep but it may not be the restorative sleep that the body needs to feel refreshed.

I may go to sleep at 9 and get up at 5, but during that time I am awake/restless at least 10-12 times and I average around 5 hours of actual sleep.

I had bloodwork done and the doc says I am fine.......

I had bloodwork done and the doc says I am fine.......
Well that is good news, at least.

If you feel like you are getting enough hours of sleep could this be an issue?

"7. Sleeping enough but still feeling tired
This is a problem having to do with many modern conveniences used before going to sleep. Any sort of bright screened device or using light very late at night can cause disruptions in the circadian rhythms by shutting off the melatonin production within the brain. Even with a small light in your room, you can disrupt your sleep cycles. Screens and modernized televisions all emit a bright blue light – something that scientists have noted as particularly damaging to the sleep cycle. Electromagnetic frequencies emitted by technological devices make for a lower quality sleep in general."

I used to sleep with the tv on all night but I now set the timer so it shuts off. I can't say I've noticed a difference, though...at least not for me. Using my phone before bed doesn't seem to matter either. I've bad/good nights either way.