VW Manager Allegedly Tried to Destroy Evidence of "Cheating"

Volkswagen engineer charged in emissions probe - BBC News
A Volkswagen engineer has pleaded guilty to involvement in the German carmaker's diesel emissions scandal.

He is the first to be charged as part of the US Justice Department's year-long criminal probe into the firm's rigging of federal air-pollution tests.

He was part of a team of engineers based in Ann Arbor, Michigan that conducted emissions tests on the diesel engine at the heart of the controversy.

He could face five years in prison although by cooperating with the US federal government, he could reduce his jail time.

His trial will be held in January.

One word that is repeated time and time again in the indictment is "conspiracy". Clearly, he didn't work alone. And since he is now cooperating with prosecutors, others are bound to find themselves in the firing line.

The question, as ever, is just how high did the conspiracy go? Mr Liang was an engineer. His title, which now seems deliciously ironic, was "Leader of Diesel Competence".

But were any of the senior suits involved? We still don't know.

I initially read this title as "VV Manager..." I kept thinking, what does Indian Summer have to do with this? Hahahahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk