Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
3 tbs oil
1 tbs vinegar or lemon juice
salt
freshly ground pepper

Dissolve the salt & pepper into the vinegar or lemon juice. Add the oil and mix.
Adjust the seasoning if necessary.

The general ration is always 3 parts of oil to 1 part acid.

I usually make a large batch and place the ingredients in a sealed jam jar. I just store
it in the fridge and use it during the week for salads.

Mustard Dressing

Add 1 -2 heaped tsp of French mustard to the vinegar or lemon before adding the oil.

Yogurt Dressing

Add a small carton of yogurt to the dressing and shake well before serving.

Walnut Dressing

Use good quality walnut oil and cider vinegar.

Balsamic Dressing

1/2 tbs of balsamic vinegar
1/2 tbs of cider or red wine vinegar

3 tbs Extra Virgin olive oil
Salt & Pepper

k7276894.jpg

088210.jpg

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
I would have to add a little sugar to it...I've discovered sugar is the reason I like bottled dressings so much. But I figure it's still better to make my own, even if it means adding a little sugar.

I love balsamic vinegar. :yes:

Reactions: CrowCaw
I would have to add a little sugar to it...I've discovered sugar is the reason I like bottled dressings so much. But I figure it's still better to make my own, even if it means adding a little sugar.

I love balsamic vinegar. :yes:

LOL, that is one of the reasons why I dislike bottled salad dressing. You can add anything you wish to
classic vinaigrette dressing, sugar, garlic, herbs etc.
One important note about storing chopped garlic is that it can be toxic. See the following link.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hl-vs/iyh-vsv/food-aliment/garlic-ail-eng.php

Yes, sometimes I am embarrassed by my sweet tooth...but alas, it is what it is, lol. :)

Reactions: shyvas
Also,if you add nutritional yeast to this it's good for you too.It becomes like a cheezy salad dressing.Yum!

My measurements are a little different and I use red wine vinegar but it's amazing.

I prefer the taste of cider vinegar as it has a mild taste. Furthermore strong and aged vinegars can be trigger migraines.

I also like to add some nooch (depending on the vegetable) but prefer to sprinkle it directly over the vegetables.

Reactions: ledboots
I prefer the taste of cider vinegar as it has a mild taste. Furthermore strong and aged vinegars can be trigger migraines.

I also like to add some nooch (depending on the vegetable) but prefer to sprinkle it directly over the vegetables.
Sorry to hear you are having migraines,Shyvas.Hope you get well soon!

I love nooch with red wine vinegar.I'm addicted.:p

Sorry to hear you are having migraines,Shyvas.Hope you get well soon!

I love nooch with red wine vinegar.I'm addicted.:p

Thanks Everleigh.

I am trying to follow a migraine diet and eliminate (can't do a 100% though) foods that are triggers. Anything aged like vinegar and pickles are not recommended for migraine sufferers.
I seem to have a control over my migraines since eliminating grains and sugar. I am also weaning myself of pain relief drugs such as triptans and anti inflammatory medicine which causes rebound headaches.

It is not an easy path ( hours of bad pain and not eating favourite foods ) but I am slowly reaching my goal.

Sorry, as this is a bit OT.:)

Reactions: ledboots