Vegsource no longer has a webboard

Forums, if not well-moderated, can become a cesspool of crap and spam, as you say. Probably better that he got rid of it.

I have a vague recollection of this website. I believe they started their web board a really long time ago in the early days of Internet forums. I also believe Jeff wrote the software himself? So in that sense he was a pioneer. If I remember correctly, though, there was some some animosity between Jeff and the staff of Veggie Boards.

Nelson didn't write the software himself. He is an Oscar Meyer trustafarian who never learned how to do anything professional aside from how to hire lawyers to sue people who upset him ( he had a book on Amazon called "Sue The Bastards".

Nelson had animosity for anyone he saw as "competition". When email lists were the big thing he was caught using a fake identity to attack VEGAN_L and some others. He then kept attacking other vegan site like VegWeb.

Eventually he won "friends" by hosting AR sites on vegsource for free.

Eventually the AR community learned what kind of person he was, despite the gifts he gave.

He then settled into making vegource exclusively about the very low fat vegan diet, supporting the professionals who promoted it and attacking anyone who did not.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Second Summer
Nelson didn't write the software himself. He is an Oscar Meyer trustafarian who never learned how to do anything professional aside from how to hire lawyers to sue people who upset him ( he had a book on Amazon called "Sue The Bastards".

Nelson had animosity for anyone he saw as "competition". When email lists were the big thing he was caught using a fake identity to attack VEGAN_L and some others. He then kept attacking other vegan site like VegWeb.

Eventually he won "friends" by hosting AR sites on vegsource for free.

Eventually the AR community learned what kind of person he was, despite the gifts he gave.

He then settled into making vegource exclusively about the very low fat vegan diet, supporting the professionals who promoted it and attacking anyone who did not.
Jeff claims that, although his great-great-grandfather started the Armour Meat Company, he hasn't inherited any money:

I've heard and read Nelson state he is an Oscar Meyer heir.

Regardless, he is a liar and into woo, take anything he states as an invitation to do your own research.

Turns out his book is still on Amazon, published from the days where he would attack anyone who dared to put a vegan resource on the web that was not his

I've heard and read Nelson state he is an Oscar Meyer heir.

Regardless, he is a liar and into woo, take anything he states as an invitation to do your own research.

Turns out his book is still on Amazon, published from the days where he would attack anyone who dared to put a vegan resource on the web that was not his

We should pull in some facts here. Could you post a link to a website wherein Nelson himself states that he is an Oscar Meyer heir?

Reactions: Brian W
We should pull in some facts here. Could you post a link to a website wherein Nelson himself states that he is an Oscar Meyer heir?
No. I have a job. I'm not going to scour the web to find a reference to that statement that liar forget to rub out. No disrespect meant. There is nothing in it for me.

Reactions: vesper818
I know that site and I trust them even less.

Nelson doesn't have any profession that I am aware of. If he is not a trustafarian where he gets his money from becomes an interesting question.

Eh, on the other hand I don't care. No disrespect meant.

I posted there in the 90s. I did recently see a video of Jeff Nelson telling vegans not to take their B-12 and D3 that made me pretty angry.
If it's the same video I saw, he wasn't saying any such thing. This is why we need to see links to sources so that we can see for ourselves what really was said in these instances. In the comments under a video on vitamin D for example, he clears up just such a claim.

VegSource
4 years ago
That's great! Regarding being "low" in Vitamin D, remember that they have raised the limits and thus made a lot of people "low" with the new definition. This is a fairy recent thing, turning "low vitamin D" into a problem. Dr. Greger asserts that a Vitamin D pill can cure cancer 12% of the time - and presents an essentially worthless study to back up this extraordinary claim. This is the level of "evidence" being used to market Vitamin D, and it's a scam in my opinion. Widescale taking of Vitamin D - and I read that 50% of Americans started taking Vitamin D in the past 10 or 15 years - taking Vitamin D "just in case" is an abuse of science, in my opinion. There can definitely be situations and conditions where taking Vitamin D is appropriate. But the scaremongering to get everyone testing and taking Vitamin D in order to supposedly prevent all manner of lifestyle diseases - is not based on science.

Last edited:
If it's the same video I saw, he wasn't saying any such thing. This is why we need to see links to sources so that we can see for ourselves what really was said in these instances. In the comments under a video on vitamin D for example, he clears up just such a claim.
How much D people actually can absorb is widely different according where you are to the sun, as well your own bodies ability to make the conversion to usable D. I had severe pain in my ankles, no doctor or cat scans showed any issue---I finally requested they check my D in my routine blood test-which had never been done-and I was very low. Taking D greatly reduced my pain, and I discovered I did in fact need higher than normal doses. Get your D checked!

as for Nelson, I can't agree with his findings compared to Dr Gregers.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: bEt