VeggieViews Facebook Page

Oh...Ill redo that cover photo so it doesnt get overlapped...ASAP...im stuffing my face right now :D

Its probably obvious who I am on FB because my profile picture is the same as my avatar. But I dont want to seem rude in not adding you guys but I dont think you need to see the inner workings of my mind. Youd all go off me :oops:

Does anybody here use facebook to promote a site or something else? I'm not sure what I should be doing there to attract new people to VV.

So far I have liked the pages of other veg*n organisations, hoping that their members will see the like and check us out. I'm also trying to upload (royalty free) pictures of yummy food, because veg*ns love food more than anything else (with the possible exception of talking about bowel movements, but food is probably more attractive for a page) and links to threads that people might want to look at or contribute to. I think I will concentrate on posting recipe threads and light hearted debate threads.

If anyone can give me some advice, I'd appreciate it. When the page is more popular I will be looking to add some 'mods' there to keep it active.

ETA: I just realised I can comment on other pages as VeggieViews. So I'm commenting constructively, not spammily, on other veg*n pages to make us more visible.

The trick is to post content that people will want to share, outside of the VV family. Whether it's cool quotes (preferably set on inspirational graphics), or AR infographics, or video links, or whatever... content that has legs, that will get shared because it's cool unto itself, not just because it's VV stuff. Don't worry about promoting the site itself, don't worry about driving traffic to the site, just focus on getting interesting content on the VV FB page. If it's cool, our members will share it. If their networks think it's cool, they'll share it too. It will come back to us in the end.

A good idea, what WonderRandy says makes sense, cute pictures, funny pictures, etc are the kind of things that get shared around.

If we get 6 more people, we can get insights about the page. NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK

I posted a few cute and funny pictures this evening. Your friends and family might want to see them. NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK

But in all seriousness - I'll try to keep it active and interesting and hopefully gain some new members from there.

I saw you had some cute pics shared. Love them. What you need, tho, are pics that are linked back to OUR page. Sharing someone else's pic generates traffic for THEM (which is fine), but resharing doesn't get our name or our page out there. The trick is to generate original content. Or steal the pics and post them as our own...

Hmm so if people click Share from our page, it doesn't appear on their page as shared from VV?

<< Clearly doesn't know much about this.

I'm not really up for stealing pictures from other veg*n pages. Guess I will trawl the web.

If we get 6 more people, we can get insights about the page. NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK

I posted a few cute and funny pictures this evening. Your friends and family might want to see them. NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK

But in all seriousness - I'll try to keep it active and interesting and hopefully gain some new members from there.

You now have 30 likes. :)

Reactions: Lord Snot